Apple launches annual 'Back to School' promotion, iPhone now a qualifying purchaseApple on Monday opened up its "Back to School" campaign, with this year's promotion offering $100 and $50 gift cards with a qualifying Mac, iPad or iPhone purchase.
As noted by The Verge, Apple changed its Online Store home page early Tuesday to advertise the start of the promotion, which is now live on the company's website.
For the first time, students can now buy an iPhone to receive a $50 gift card that can be used in the App Store, Mac App Store, iTunes Store, and iBookstore. The same value is also applied to iPad purchases. As in past years, Mac buyers get $100 gift cards with their machines.
To take advantage of the offer, customers must be college students, students accepted to college, parents of a college student or school faculty or staff for any grade level.
The promotional gift cards are included on top of Apple's education pricing, and purchases must be made between July 2, 2013, through September 6, 2013.
On Topic: General
- Apple's Tim Cook pans supply chain cost 'guesstimators'
- iPhone and Mac to shine in Apple's Q2 2015 earnings, analyst says
- Google Maps Easter egg shows Android mascot urinating on Apple logo [updated]
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Watch shipments, 12" MacBook review, more
- Final Cut creator Randy Ubillos leaves Apple after 20 years