Apple launches annual 'Back to School' promotion, iPhone now a qualifying purchaseApple on Monday opened up its "Back to School" campaign, with this year's promotion offering $100 and $50 gift cards with a qualifying Mac, iPad or iPhone purchase.
As noted by The Verge, Apple changed its Online Store home page early Tuesday to advertise the start of the promotion, which is now live on the company's website.
For the first time, students can now buy an iPhone to receive a $50 gift card that can be used in the App Store, Mac App Store, iTunes Store, and iBookstore. The same value is also applied to iPad purchases. As in past years, Mac buyers get $100 gift cards with their machines.
To take advantage of the offer, customers must be college students, students accepted to college, parents of a college student or school faculty or staff for any grade level.
The promotional gift cards are included on top of Apple's education pricing, and purchases must be made between July 2, 2013, through September 6, 2013.
On Topic: General
- KGI: iPhone sales forecast at 73M for Q4 ahead of Apple Watch debut in March, 12" MacBook Air in Q1
- I Bet My Life: Microsoft HoloLens perfectly targets its core competency
- Huge crowds gather for Apple Store grnd opening in Hangzhou, China
- Apple features calligrapher who created Hangzhou Apple Store mural in 'About the Artist' video
- T-Mobile to extend smartphone financing to customers with bad or no credit