Apple seeds OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion build 12F17 with no known issuesApple on Wednesday seeded the latest build of its upcoming OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update, the third build since 10.8.4 was released in early June.
The latest developer release is build number 12F17, suggesting four subsequent versions of the beta have undergone testing since the Apple seeded build 12F13 one week ago.
According to the release notes, OS X 10.8.5 comes with no known issues, with Apple requesting developers concentrate on Graphics, Wi-fi, Wake, and Accessibility, among other features. The latest 12F17 is the third build to be seeded since Apple released the first 10.8.5 beta in June.
Developers can download build 12F17 from Software Update or directly from Apple's Developer Portal, though some have reported problems in locating the build.
While work continues with Mountain Lion, developers are also actively testing Apple's forthcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks, which recently saw the release of a second developer preview at the end of June.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Sony brings wireless PS4 DualShock 4 controller support to Mac with new $25 dongle
- Apple issues sixth public, seventh developer betas of macOS Sierra
- Google removing support for Chrome Apps in Mac browser by 2018
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Apple wins appeal in Time Machine tech patent infringement suit