Apple seeds OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion build 12F17 with no known issuesApple on Wednesday seeded the latest build of its upcoming OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update, the third build since 10.8.4 was released in early June.
The latest developer release is build number 12F17, suggesting four subsequent versions of the beta have undergone testing since the Apple seeded build 12F13 one week ago.
According to the release notes, OS X 10.8.5 comes with no known issues, with Apple requesting developers concentrate on Graphics, Wi-fi, Wake, and Accessibility, among other features. The latest 12F17 is the third build to be seeded since Apple released the first 10.8.5 beta in June.
Developers can download build 12F17 from Software Update or directly from Apple's Developer Portal, though some have reported problems in locating the build.
While work continues with Mountain Lion, developers are also actively testing Apple's forthcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks, which recently saw the release of a second developer preview at the end of June.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Algoriddim djay Pro comes to Mac, TurboTax debuts new iOS app for tax season
- Apple issues Safari 8.0.3, 7.1.3 and 6.2.3 betas to developers with bug fixes, general improvements
- Pixelmator unveils major updates for iPad and Mac, Fleksy adds extensions and GIFs
- Art+Tech: Sunday MASS art dance party taps Mac apps for 3D projection mapping
- Apple releases third beta of OS X 10.10.2 with focuses on Wi-Fi, Mail & VoiceOver