Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 01:21 pm PT (04:21 pm ET)
Apple seeds OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion build 12F17 with no known issuesApple on Wednesday seeded the latest build of its upcoming OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update, the third build since 10.8.4 was released in early June.
The latest developer release is build number 12F17, suggesting four subsequent versions of the beta have undergone testing since the Apple seeded build 12F13 one week ago.
According to the release notes, OS X 10.8.5 comes with no known issues, with Apple requesting developers concentrate on Graphics, Wi-fi, Wake, and Accessibility, among other features. The latest 12F17 is the third build to be seeded since Apple released the first 10.8.5 beta in June.
Developers can download build 12F17 from Software Update or directly from Apple's Developer Portal, though some have reported problems in locating the build.
While work continues with Mountain Lion, developers are also actively testing Apple's forthcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks, which recently saw the release of a second developer preview at the end of June.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple provides golden master candidate of OS X Yosemite to developers
- Apple releases bash patch to plug 'Shellshock' security flaw in OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion
- Apple says most customers not vulnerable to 'shellshock,' patch coming for advanced users
- Apple announces 'AirDrop Test Fest' to flush out issues ahead of OS X 10.10 Yosemite release
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools