Apple seeds OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion build 12F17 with no known issuesApple on Wednesday seeded the latest build of its upcoming OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update, the third build since 10.8.4 was released in early June.
The latest developer release is build number 12F17, suggesting four subsequent versions of the beta have undergone testing since the Apple seeded build 12F13 one week ago.
According to the release notes, OS X 10.8.5 comes with no known issues, with Apple requesting developers concentrate on Graphics, Wi-fi, Wake, and Accessibility, among other features. The latest 12F17 is the third build to be seeded since Apple released the first 10.8.5 beta in June.
Developers can download build 12F17 from Software Update or directly from Apple's Developer Portal, though some have reported problems in locating the build.
While work continues with Mountain Lion, developers are also actively testing Apple's forthcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks, which recently saw the release of a second developer preview at the end of June.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple adds Notification Center widget, enhances syncing performance in iTunes 12.1 update
- Apple's OS X 10.10.2 update fixes Wi-Fi connection issues, improves iCloud, patches security holes
- OS X 10.10.2 will fix years-old Thunderbolt hardware vulnerability
- Adobe acknowledges critical remote vulnerability in Flash, exploits already in the wild
- How to safely move your Mac's iPhoto library onto an external drive