Pandora iOS app update brings auto-mute, improved stream bufferingPopular Internet radio service Pandora on updated its iOS app on Monday, bringing a new feature that automatically pauses music playback when a user mutes their iPhone, as well as a number of performance enhancements.
With Pandora Radio version 4.4, music playback pauses whenever a user mutes their iPhone, a convenient feature when listening on the go.
In addition to the new auto-pause feature, Pandora has improved playback buffering for stutter-free streaming for areas with weak cellular reception. The update also fixes issues with in-app links, which now works "just as well" as URLs on Pandora.com.
Finally, the app contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Pandora Radio version 4.4 comes in at 17MB and can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- LinkedIn overhauls mobile & Web messaging functions, Instagram makes enhancements to Direct
- Entry into $34B console gaming market seen as largest opportunity for new Apple TV
- EU clears Apple and labels of colluding against free streaming music services, turns eye to App Store fees
- Apple's impressive App Store growth continues to be overlooked by Wall Street, Macquarie says
- Adidas buys fitness app maker Runtastic for $239 million