Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 09:16 pm PT (12:16 am ET)
Yahoo updates Mail app with multi-login support, Tumblr with refined searchYahoo updated two of its iOS titles on Tuesday, with Mail getting support for multiple accounts, while the recently acquired Tumblr received powerful new search enhancements.
Yahoo! Mail, while not the most popular email client on the App Store, got a small bump with a few welcome account management additions.
Most notably, Yahoo! Mail now supports multiple accounts, allowing those users who have more than one login to use the app as a one-stop-shop for their Yahoo-based emailing needs. The app will parse out accounts by inbox and there doesn't appear to be a limit to the number of accounts allowed.
In addition, the app now supports Business Mail accounts for Yahoo! Small Business customers, including push notifications, Yahoo! contact migration and photo attachments.
Finally, along with multiple login support comes an easier process of signing out. Users can now navigate to Settings and select "Manage Accounts" to turn off specific inboxes.
Yahoo! Mail is a 8.9MB free download from the App Store.
In its update, Tumblr, which was acquired by Yahoo in May for $1.1 billion, brings a refined method of searching through the microblogging platform's over 122 million blogs.
Also added are content discovery features that include a tweaked home screen showing trending tags and a number of trending blogs. With the latest version, users are able to follow blogs directly from the search results page, which itself has been tweaked to return more pertinent information.
Tumblr weighs in at 12.7MB and can be downloaded from the App Store for free.
On Topic: App Store
- Adobe's Photoshop Mix for iPad gets extensibility, panoramic file support, more in update
- ESPN updates SportsCenter for iOS with new football features, Secret adds interactive questions
- Smash hit 'BioShock' comes to iPhone, iPad with iOS-specific controls
- Instagram's new Hyperlapse app simplifies timelapses, Square's Cash 2.0 allows transfers to all via text message
- Google bolsters iOS productivity suite with Slides, updates to Docs and Sheets