Friday, July 12, 2013, 03:59 pm PT (06:59 pm ET)
Apple releases Mavericks beta 3 graphics update to solve reboot issuesApple on Friday issued a supplementary update to OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 3, fixing a problem that would cause some Macs running the beta operating system to reboot without warning.
The "Mavericks Developer Preview 3 Graphics Update 1.0" resolves an issue that would force a "reboot without warning," according to the update's release notes. It is unclear what was causing the problem.
Friday's update comes a few days following the release of Apple's third developer preview of Mavericks. Known issues in that build included iCloud issues and graphics problems when resizing or switching from standard to satellite view in Maps. The next-generation Mac operating system is set to debut later this year.
Developers who want to download the latest update can do so via the Mac App Store or Apple's Developer webpage.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- First-week OS X Yosemite adoption rate outpaces Mavericks, now at 12.8%
- Getting the most out of the revamped OS X Spotlight search in Yosemite
- Mac users report Bluetooth lag & connection issues after updating to OS X Yosemite
- Get your Mac online anywhere easily with OS X Yosemite's new Instant Hotspot iPhone tethering feature
- How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite