Apple releases Mavericks beta 3 graphics update to solve reboot issuesApple on Friday issued a supplementary update to OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 3, fixing a problem that would cause some Macs running the beta operating system to reboot without warning.
The "Mavericks Developer Preview 3 Graphics Update 1.0" resolves an issue that would force a "reboot without warning," according to the update's release notes. It is unclear what was causing the problem.
Friday's update comes a few days following the release of Apple's third developer preview of Mavericks. Known issues in that build included iCloud issues and graphics problems when resizing or switching from standard to satellite view in Maps. The next-generation Mac operating system is set to debut later this year.
Developers who want to download the latest update can do so via the Mac App Store or Apple's Developer webpage.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases 8th developer, 6th public betas of OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Apple releases Logic Pro X 10.2, MainStage 3.2 updates with Alchemy synthesizer
- VMware launches Fusion 8 with Windows 10 & OS X El Capitan support
- Apple issues sixth Xcode 7 beta to developers with minor bug fixes
- Future Chrome for Mac update may solve problems with memory, performance