Apple releases Mavericks beta 3 graphics update to solve reboot issuesApple on Friday issued a supplementary update to OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 3, fixing a problem that would cause some Macs running the beta operating system to reboot without warning.
The "Mavericks Developer Preview 3 Graphics Update 1.0" resolves an issue that would force a "reboot without warning," according to the update's release notes. It is unclear what was causing the problem.
Friday's update comes a few days following the release of Apple's third developer preview of Mavericks. Known issues in that build included iCloud issues and graphics problems when resizing or switching from standard to satellite view in Maps. The next-generation Mac operating system is set to debut later this year.
Developers who want to download the latest update can do so via the Mac App Store or Apple's Developer webpage.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Latest OS X beta ditches buggy discoveryd DNS service, replaced with mDNSResponder
- Apple issues fourth beta of OS X 10.10.4 to developers, public with focus on Photos & Migration
- Final Cut Pro 10.2.1 solves bugs causing crashes, Timeline problems
- Google to funnel all Chrome for Mac extensions through Chrome Web Store
- Leica, Apple working to fix Monochrom DNG bug that could erase Photos app library