Apple releases Mavericks beta 3 graphics update to solve reboot issuesApple on Friday issued a supplementary update to OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 3, fixing a problem that would cause some Macs running the beta operating system to reboot without warning.
The "Mavericks Developer Preview 3 Graphics Update 1.0" resolves an issue that would force a "reboot without warning," according to the update's release notes. It is unclear what was causing the problem.
Friday's update comes a few days following the release of Apple's third developer preview of Mavericks. Known issues in that build included iCloud issues and graphics problems when resizing or switching from standard to satellite view in Maps. The next-generation Mac operating system is set to debut later this year.
Developers who want to download the latest update can do so via the Mac App Store or Apple's Developer webpage.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Inside APFS: new Apple File System detailed at WWDC to replace HFS+ in 2017
- Apple releases Safari 10 beta for OS X El Capitan and OS X Yosemite
- E3 2016: 'Block'hood' represents the Mac at console-dominated gaming show
- Inside Sierra: How Apple Watch 'Auto Unlock' will let you jump straight into macOS
- 'Universal Clipboard' for macOS Sierra & iOS 10 streamlines copy/paste between devices