Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 02:35 pm PT (05:35 pm ET)
Apple seeds sixth OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion beta to developersApple on Wednesday continued with its one-week beta build release cycle, releasing the latest version of its forthcoming OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update to developers with no known issues.
The latest Mountain Lion build 12F26 is the sixth since Apple seeded the first OS X 10.8.5 beta in June. The build number is three versions higher than the previous beta released last week.
People familiar with the seed Apple is asking developers to concentrate on the same areas as the previous 12F23 build, including graphics, PDF viewing, Wi-Fi, and wake from sleep. No known issues were noted in the accompanying release notes.
Wednesday's Mountain Lion beta comes as Apple continues work on the next-generation OS X 10.9 Mavericks and iOS 7 operating systems.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- FaceTime audio calls finally arrive on OS X in latest Mavericks beta
- Apple fixes VPN connection issue with Mavericks Server update
- Apple issues first OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 beta build to developers, activates FaceTime Audio [u]
- Logic, Motion & Compressor also see updates alongside Mac Pro
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations