Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 12:13 pm PT (03:13 pm ET)
Adobe announces Lightroom 5.2, Camera Raw 8.2 release candidatesAdobe on Wednesday announced the availability of release candidates for both Lightroom 5.2 and for Camera Raw 8.1, with the former featuring refinements to its feature set while the latter has added support for camera types.
The Lightroom 5.2 release candidate contains adjustments to the functionality of the Spot Healing Brush, Local Adjustment Brush, and Lightroom's Noise Reduction tools. Lightroom 5.2 RC is available as a free download from the Adobe Labs site, and the developer is actively encouraging the Lightroom community to take part in verifying the quality of the update through normal usage ahead of a wider release.
The Camera Raw 8.2 release candidate adds compatibility with a number of new cameras, including the Canon EOS 70D, Fujifilm X-M1, and Sony's DSC-RX1R. Camera Raw 8.2 also adds compatibility with a number of lens profiles from Sony, Hasselblad, and GoPro. It, too, is available as a free download from Adobe Labs, and the development team is also asking for user feedback on the new release candidate.
On Topic: General
- 'BadUSB' malware lives in USB firmware to remain undetected, unfixable
- Apple activates in-house content delivery network, begins migrating content downloads - report
- Samsung earnings disappoint as company blames competition in smartphone space
- Apple said to cut some 200 jobs from Beats as acquisition closing date looms
- Apple order fulfillment ranks first among online retailers with average delivery time of 2.3 days in June