Skype for iPad adds HD video calling, CBS Sports gains live videoSkype users that own the newest iPad can now take advantage of its HD front camera, as the app saw an update today, and meanwhile the CBS Sports app has added the ability for viewers to stream live video of events.
Skype goes HD
Version 4.10 of the Skype for iPad app allows owners of the fourth-generation iPad to make HD quality video calls from their devices. The app update also contains general improvements to call quality and stability on that device.
In addition to those two features, the update has general fixes and improvements to app functionality. It also features a redesigned country code picker on the dial pad.
Skype for iPad is available as a free download in the App Store. The 31.1MB download is compatible with iPads running iOS 5.0 or later.
CBS Sports gets full iPad support, live video
CBS Interactive's CBS Sports app saw an update on Monday, bringing it to version 6.0. Thanks to the update, the app is now fully compatible with the iPad, and users can watch live video from their devices now.
Previous updates to the app brought MLB GameTrackers, key players in games, and NBA on-court stats. The app provides live video access to NCAA Basketball from January through April, the PGA Tour from May through August, and SEC football games from September through December. Users can also get on-demand access to highlights, analysis, and original video content.
The CBS Sports app update is a free download on the App Store. The 15.1MB download is compatible with iPhones, iPods, and iPads running iOS 6.0 or later.
On Topic: App Store
- Lyft, Seamless & Amazon Instant Video add iPhone 6 & 6 Plus screen support; JetBlue gains Touch ID
- Algoriddim djay Pro comes to Mac, TurboTax debuts new iOS app for tax season
- Apple to instate country-specific app taxes in EU starting Jan. 1
- Pixelmator unveils major updates for iPad and Mac, Fleksy adds extensions and GIFs
- Updated Google Drive gets iOS 8 extensibility support, Instagram adds filter management and new filters