'Harry Potter,' 'Matrix,' many other movie series on sale in new iTunes bundlesApple is offering iTunes movie customers steep discounts on bundled films, offering the chance to pick up popular series like "The Matrix" and "Back to the Future" at a rate of buy one, get two free.
Update: Some of the original prices (including the "Harry Potter" series for $10) appear to have been a mistake. Apple has since updated with the correct and still discounted costs.
For the time being, U.S.-based iTunes customers can get any of 25 movie series at a big discount. Bundles are available starting at $10, and some larger bundles offer each movie for as low as $5 a piece.
Note that when viewed in a Web browser on iTunes Preview, the prices do not reflect the current sale. The items must be viewed in the standalone iTunes application to see the promotion.
Among the highlights of Apple's current offering are The Matrix trilogy, available for $10, the complete Harry Potter series for $60, and The Lord of the Rings trilogy, also available for $10. Customers can also get the Spiderman trilogy for $20, the Bourne collection for $30, and the Back to the Future trilogy for $20. Other collections include:
- Jurassic Park trilogy
- X-Men quadrilogy
- Star Trek 10 original movies
- Lethal Weapon collection
- Die Hard collection
- Taken double feature
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trilogy
- Scarface and Casino bundle
- Ice Age trilogy
- The Godfather trilogy
- Mean Girls and Clueless bundle
- Austin Powers collection
- Blade trilogy
- Night at the Museum double feature
It is uncertain how long the sale will run. Apple has previously offered movie bundling in its iTunes Movie Store, but those offerings typically came during the holiday season.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple's 'Beats 1: Replay' brings full show replays to Connect
- Apple Music streaming licenses allow for more Beats Radio stations, report says
- Apple Music joins streaming services counted in influential Billboard charts
- Taylor Swift says she was surprised by positive response to Apple Music letter
- Long-awaited Dr. Dre album to launch on Aug. 7 as Apple Music & iTunes exclusive