Long awaited 'Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time' for iOS now availablePopCap Games on Thursday released "Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time" for iOS, the follow up to the publisher's addicting bestseller first released for the Windows and OS X desktop operating systems in 2009.
Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time continues the frantic touch-based tower defense-style gameplay from 2010's iOS port, but adds in new characters, environments and, most for the first time, a "freemium" payment model.
While the original Plants vs. Zombies for iOS was, and still is, a for-pay game, the sequel is free to play. Instead of paying up front, users have the option to make in-app purchases for special plants and game currency.
While the first game was limited to a backyard setting, Plants vs. Zombies 2 moves through time in "Ancient Egypt," the "Pirate Seas," and the "Wild West." Each world has its own unique attacking enemies and game boards, while the selection of defending plants features some new characters.
Plants vs. Zombies 2 is a free 44.7MB download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple opens Red Cross donations towards Louisiana flood relief
- Apple opens iTunes carrier billing to Japan, expected to bring option to more countries soon
- Apple expands carrier billing availability with rollout in Taiwan and Switzerland [u]
- Apple fighting to stem fake Bitcoin apps on App Store
- Latest 'Pokemon Go' update brings safety warnings, returns battery saver mode