Apple seeds iTunes 11.1 Beta 2 to developersApple on Friday released a second beta of the upcoming iTunes 11.1, further refining the popular media hub set to be ready for public consumption this fall.
The latest seed comes over two weeks after Apple released the last iTunes 11.1 beta that added support for the forthcoming iTunes Radio service. Prior to that build, access to the service was limited to developers using iOS 7 beta.
When the first iTunes 11.1 beta was seeded at the end of July, Apple also issued a pre-release version of Apple TV software that reinstated iTunes media purchasing capabilities. "Apple TV 5.4 seed 3"also brought fixes for issues including skipped tracks on AirPlay, a crashing problem when using iTunes Radio and a bug that would cause volume to increase unexpectedly during AirPlay playback.
iTunes is thought to be nearing completion as Apple readies for a launch of iTunes Radio this fall. The service will debut as an iOS 7 feature alongside an expected next-generation iPhone model.
On Topic: iTunes
- New Apple streaming music service could include 2 price tiers, exclusives from Taylor Swift & others
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2, enabling syncing between iOS and new OS X Photos app
- Apple launches unprecedented campaign across storefronts to hype iTunes debut of 'Star Wars'
- All six Star Wars films go digital, headed to iTunes on April 10
- EU scrutinizing record labels over potential deals with Apple streaming music service