Apple announces Affiliate Program expansion with new partner PHGApple on Monday announced an upcoming expansion to its Affiliate Program, which includes a partnership with Performance Horizon Group that will help the company extend the platform into additional countries.
The news was relayed in a brief post to Apple's Affiliate Resources website, which notes the PHG partnership will not only provide affiliates with a new platform, but an improve set of reporting tools. as well.
As the new platform is rolling out in over 100 countries, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand, Apple is asking current Affiliate Program participants in those regions to set up new accounts and update all existing links. If account holders do not change their information before Oct. 1, 2013, they could see an interruption in commissions.
Affiliates currently located in Europe and South America will still be on Apple's platform with partner Tradedoubler and are not required to update their accounts.
With Apple's Affiliate Program, members like blog owners can earn a commission on sales of music, apps, books, and other content by linking to the media through their websites. The company is accepting applications via the iTunes Affiliate Program website.
On Topic: General
- Xiaomi launches Mi Notebook Air, targeting Apple's MacBook lineup
- Apple preps first Mexican Apple Store ahead of push into Latin America
- Apple CEO Tim Cook bullish on augmented reality, says company investing in AR tech
- Microsoft Office 365 gains machine learning writing style assistant, research tool
- New guidelines may push Apple to switch away from SMS for two-factor authentication