Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 04:52 pm PT (07:52 pm ET)
Apple seeds OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 6 to developersApple released the sixth OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview on Wednesday, bringing minor enhancements to the forthcoming operating system ahead of an expected launch this fall.
It appears Apple is back to its release cycle as the latest OS X 10.9 build comes two weeks after the fifth Developer Preview brought iBooks functionality to Mavericks. That seed was delayed slightly after an intruder gained access to Apple's Dev Center in July.
When Apple launches Mavericks this fall, it will carry features like iBooks access, Finder tabs, Maps, App Nap and Compressed Memory, among others.
Developers can download the sixth Mavericks preview via Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Shazam launches Mac app with always-on listening mode
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks beta to developers with Safari seeds in tow
- Russian government asks Apple to hand over source code amid spying concerns
- Apple, Inc's double digit U.S. Mac growth contradicts IDC & Gartner reports of a Mac sales slump
- Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues