Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 04:52 pm PT (07:52 pm ET)
Apple seeds OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 6 to developersApple released the sixth OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview on Wednesday, bringing minor enhancements to the forthcoming operating system ahead of an expected launch this fall.
It appears Apple is back to its release cycle as the latest OS X 10.9 build comes two weeks after the fifth Developer Preview brought iBooks functionality to Mavericks. That seed was delayed slightly after an intruder gained access to Apple's Dev Center in July.
When Apple launches Mavericks this fall, it will carry features like iBooks access, Finder tabs, Maps, App Nap and Compressed Memory, among others.
Developers can download the sixth Mavericks preview via Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite
- Using widgets in OS X Yosemite's new Notification Center
- How to activate 'Dark mode' in OS X Yosemite
- iCloud Drive allows OS X Yosemite users to store any type of file in the cloud
- How to use Mail Drop and Markup to send large emails in OS X Yosemite