Apple seeds OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 6 to developersApple released the sixth OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview on Wednesday, bringing minor enhancements to the forthcoming operating system ahead of an expected launch this fall.
It appears Apple is back to its release cycle as the latest OS X 10.9 build comes two weeks after the fifth Developer Preview brought iBooks functionality to Mavericks. That seed was delayed slightly after an intruder gained access to Apple's Dev Center in July.
When Apple launches Mavericks this fall, it will carry features like iBooks access, Finder tabs, Maps, App Nap and Compressed Memory, among others.
Developers can download the sixth Mavericks preview via Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases critical security update for OS X NTP services vulnerability
- Algoriddim djay Pro comes to Mac, TurboTax debuts new iOS app for tax season
- Apple issues Safari 8.0.3, 7.1.3 and 6.2.3 betas to developers with bug fixes, general improvements
- Pixelmator unveils major updates for iPad and Mac, Fleksy adds extensions and GIFs
- Art+Tech: Sunday MASS art dance party taps Mac apps for 3D projection mapping