Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 04:52 pm PT (07:52 pm ET)
Apple seeds OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 6 to developersApple released the sixth OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview on Wednesday, bringing minor enhancements to the forthcoming operating system ahead of an expected launch this fall.
It appears Apple is back to its release cycle as the latest OS X 10.9 build comes two weeks after the fifth Developer Preview brought iBooks functionality to Mavericks. That seed was delayed slightly after an intruder gained access to Apple's Dev Center in July.
When Apple launches Mavericks this fall, it will carry features like iBooks access, Finder tabs, Maps, App Nap and Compressed Memory, among others.
Developers can download the sixth Mavericks preview via Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases new OS X Yosemite betas for developers, public beta participants
- Apple Watch, AirDrop, iBeacon & Continuity coax advanced features from Bluetooth & WiFi
- VMWare releases Fusion 7 with support for OS X Yosemite and Retina optimization
- Apple issues first iCloud for Windows beta with iCloud Drive support
- Apple releases 7th preview of OS X Yosemite to developers