Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 04:52 pm PT (07:52 pm ET)
Apple seeds OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 6 to developersApple released the sixth OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview on Wednesday, bringing minor enhancements to the forthcoming operating system ahead of an expected launch this fall.
It appears Apple is back to its release cycle as the latest OS X 10.9 build comes two weeks after the fifth Developer Preview brought iBooks functionality to Mavericks. That seed was delayed slightly after an intruder gained access to Apple's Dev Center in July.
When Apple launches Mavericks this fall, it will carry features like iBooks access, Finder tabs, Maps, App Nap and Compressed Memory, among others.
Developers can download the sixth Mavericks preview via Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- First-week OS X Yosemite adoption rate outpaces Mavericks, now at 12.8%
- Getting the most out of the revamped OS X Spotlight search in Yosemite
- Mac users report Bluetooth lag & connection issues after updating to OS X Yosemite
- Get your Mac online anywhere easily with OS X Yosemite's new Instant Hotspot iPhone tethering feature
- How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite