Apple kicks off iTunes back-to-school with $7, $8 albumsApple is marking the return of the school year by marketing discounted music to both kids and their parents, with customers able to get popular albums for as low as $7 or $8.
U.S. iTunes customers have begun receiving emails touting some of this year's most popular albums for $7 a piece from Sept. 2 through 5, according to iMore. The email mentions ten albums, including titles from Lana Del Rey, Sara Bareilles, Pink, Robin Thicke, The Lumineers, Justni Timberlake, and Imagine Dragons.
Beyond those titles, Apple is also offering a much wider range of titles for just a dollar more in a parallel back to school sale. For $8, customers can download any of 69 titles. Among those are the most recent albums from Kendrick Lamar, Alicia Keys, and Taylor Swift. Also included are older classics from the Beastie Boys alongside older material from Kanye West and albums from Justin Bieber and Fun.
The iTunes back to school promotion isn't the only one Apple has launched of recent. On its online store, Apple began offering gift cards of $50 or $100 dollars with the qualified purchase of a Mac, iPad, or iPhone. That promotion will run through Sept. 6.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music-exclusive Chance the Rapper album debuts in Billboard's top 10
- Apple sent senior engineers to customer's house to investigate music deletion issue
- Apple's iTunes 12.4 update provides unexpected speed boost, fixes deletion bug
- Largest shareholder urges struggling Pandora to sell itself to the highest bidder
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5