Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, moreAhead of the launch of iOS 7, Apple on Wednesday released iTunes 11.1, an update for its media suite that includes the new iTunes Radio for streaming music, as well as a new Genius Shuffle feature.
iTunes 11.1 is available for download from Apple's website, and is also available for both Mac OS X and Windows. Features in the new software, according to Apple, include:
- Tunes Radio. Choose from over 250 stations or start a new one from your favorite artist or song. Enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free once you subscribe to iTunes Match.
- Genius Shuffle. Introducing a magical new way to experience your music library. Choose Genius Shuffle and iTunes instantly plays songs that go great together. Click it again to hear something newenjoying your music has never been this easy.
- Podcast Stations. You can now create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes. Your stations, subscriptions, and current play position sync over iCloud to the Podcasts app.
- Sync with iOS 7. You can now use iTunes to sync your favorite music, movies, and more to devices with iOS 7. In addition, iTunes now makes it even easier to quickly organize and sync apps to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
iOS 7 is expected to arrive for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch around 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern, based on Apple's previous release schedules. It will be available through iTunes 11.1, as well as the Software Update section of the iOS Settings application.
On Topic: iTunes
- Jury orders Apple to pay $533M for infringing gaming patents
- Apple, AOL ending iTunes login partnership, users must migrate to Apple ID by March 31
- Grammy-nominated DJ Zane Lowe leaving flagship BBC Radio show, joining Apple
- Beats Music integration only part of the story as Apple wants to 'be the music business'
- How to move your Mac's iTunes Library onto an external drive