Apple releases OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion supplemental update, iTunes 11.1.1Apple on Thursday released a supplemental update for its Mountain Lion operating system, containing stability and compatibility improvements, as well as a minor update to iTunes with patches for new podcast listening features.
According to the release notes, OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0 contains fixes for issues with Mail and screensaver behavior, as well as performance enhancements for AFP file transfer over 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Xsan reliability.
From the release notes:
The OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 Update is recommended for all users running OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5. This update:
- Resolves an issue that may prevent certain applications from using the FaceTime HD camera on mid-2013 MacBook Air systems
- Fixes an issue that may cause external hard drvies to be ejected after the computer goes to sleep
- Addresses an issue that may prevent HDMI audio from working after waking from sleep
- Fixes an issue that may prevent certain USB Bluetooth adapters from working
As noted above, the update is recommended for all Mountain Lion users. The latest 10.8.5 supplemental update can be downloaded from Apple's
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds second OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple provides public beta testers with third build of OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Apple releases fifth OS X 10.11 El Capitan beta to developers [u]
- Leak reveals Parallels Desktop 11 will support Windows 10's Cortana across OS X
- Apple celebrates 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act with App Store collection