Foursquare update brings real-time recommendationsPopular location-based social networking app Foursquare saw an update on Wednesday that brought a number of new features, including the ability to check which friends are nearby a user at a given time.
Wednesday's update was aimed at simplifying Foursquare in order to show users what is most relevant to them now. The update brings the location-networking app to version 6.4, and a major addition is the new "nearby" button that allows users to see which of their friends are in the general vicinity.
It also adds the ability to check one's friends' most recent check-ins, letting users more easily plan meet-ups. By clicking on a friend's profile, users can also dig deeper into that friend's recent activities.
The app also uses current user location data to show interesting locations based on real-time positions. Foursquare has also redesigned its app in order to be more in line with the look of iOS 7.
The new version of Foursquare is now available as a free download from the App Store. It is a 23MB download and requires an iOS device running iOS 6.0 or higher.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music-exclusive Chance the Rapper album debuts in Billboard's top 10
- Apple sent senior engineers to customer's house to investigate music deletion issue
- Apple's iTunes 12.4 update provides unexpected speed boost, fixes deletion bug
- Largest shareholder urges struggling Pandora to sell itself to the highest bidder
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5