Questionable report claims Apple cuts iPhone 5c production 50%A one-off report out of the Far East on Thursday speculated that Apple has cut production orders for its mid-range iPhone 5c by as much as 50 percent due to slack demand.
The report, from Chinese website C Technology, states that Apple's production order for the iPhone 5c has recently been cut from 300,000 units per day to 150,000 units per day or nearly 5 million units per month.
No other sources corroborated the cuts, and it seems unlikely that Apple in possession of a wealth of customer demographic and sales data collected over decades of operation would miss sales projections so badly that such a dramatic production slowdown would be required.
Additionally, the website has a spotty record when it comes to accuracy and original reporting. While it has published some accurate images of prerelease hardware in the past, many of the photos are sourced from Chinese microblogging service Sina Weibo or larger Chinese technology blogs.
On Topic: iPhone
- Software update upgrades select 2013-2015 Fiat Chrysler vehicles with Siri Eyes Free
- Vudu and Telegram iOS apps update with new 3D Touch options, more
- Porsche to bring Apple's CarPlay to 718 Cayman series
- Philips releases Hue 'Gen 2' app with Routines, Rooms & other improvements
- Samsung reports Q1 mobile profits just 24% of Apple's