Apple to reportedly stream Oct. 22 special event to London press, employeesAs it did with the recent iPhone 5s and 5c launch in September, Apple is said to be setting up an international satellite event for its upcoming October special event, at which new iPads and OS X Mavericks are expected to debut.
According to London-based press outlets that received invitations to the broadcast (via 9to5Mac), Apple will be streaming the event live to a gathering at Kings Place Hall, a relatively small venue.
Apple first sent out press invites for the Oct. 22 event at San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts on Tuesday, noting a start time of 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern. The UK broadcast is said to begin at 6 p.m. local time, meaning Apple is live streaming the anticipated iPad announcement.
In addition to British media, Apple employees from offices around the world will also reportedly be able to watch the stream, though locations and availability are not known at this time.
When the iPhone 5s and 5c debuted in September, Apple held a special event for Chinese press ten hours after the U.S. announcement.
On Topic: General
- Apple researching device waterproofing via vapor deposition, silicone seals
- Judges skeptical Apple suffered irreparable harm from Samsung patent infringement
- Judge approves $415M settlement in 'no-poach' class-action case involving Apple, Google, others
- Yerba Buena Center getting 'Spring Forward' makeover for Monday's Apple Watch event
- Apple reclaims top spot in movie product placement rankings