Blurry photo from China shows Touch ID-shaped depression in purported next-generation iPadAnother difficult-to-authenticate image, said to show Apple's fifth-generation iPad bearing a Touch ID sensor, has emerged from the Far East.
Another questionable image from Chinese website C Technology purports to show a Touch ID sensor inside parts from Apple's upcoming next-generation iPad. The website notes that the photo may not be accurate.
Rumors that the upcoming iPad hardware refresh will bring Apple's Touch ID fingerprint sensors to the company's tablets have been running rampant since the feature's introduction in the iPhone 5s. Supplies of the sensors are said to be significantly constrained, leading to restricted availability of Apple's new flagship iPhone.
Apple is expected to introduce its fifth-generation iPad and second-generation iPad mini at a media event next week.
On Topic: iPad
- IDC speculates an Apple 'iPad Pro' could help invigorate 2-in-1 tablet market
- Rumor: Sharp, Foxconn tabbed to supply parts for 4M-5M 'iPad Pro' units this fall
- 'iPad Pro' expected this fall, will get Force Touch from new pressure-sensitive Apple stylus
- Apple's mythical 'iPad Pro' allegedly spotted in iOS app analytics
- New rumor repeats claim that Apple won't include 'iPad Air 3' in fall lineup