Blurry photo from China shows Touch ID-shaped depression in purported next-generation iPadAnother difficult-to-authenticate image, said to show Apple's fifth-generation iPad bearing a Touch ID sensor, has emerged from the Far East.
Another questionable image from Chinese website C Technology purports to show a Touch ID sensor inside parts from Apple's upcoming next-generation iPad. The website notes that the photo may not be accurate.
Rumors that the upcoming iPad hardware refresh will bring Apple's Touch ID fingerprint sensors to the company's tablets have been running rampant since the feature's introduction in the iPhone 5s. Supplies of the sensors are said to be significantly constrained, leading to restricted availability of Apple's new flagship iPhone.
Apple is expected to introduce its fifth-generation iPad and second-generation iPad mini at a media event next week.
On Topic: iPad
- Apple posts "the story behind the Song" featuring old and new music recording technology
- ShopKeep offering merchants free Apple Pay-compatible hardware in bid to compete with Square
- Apple debuts cellular LTE-equipped iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 in China
- Gazelle's $20 cash bonus on working iPad trade-ins expires tonight
- Leading Android fansite recommends Apple Inc iPad Air 2 as best tablet in holiday gift guide