Chevy bringing Apple's Siri Eyes Free to six more 2014 modelsChevy is giving car buyers even more options to access Apple's digital assistant, as the automaker announced on Tuesday that Siri Eyes Free support will be available in six more of its 2014 models.
Citing a "remarkable" customer response to Siri Eyes Free, Chevy revealed that the hands-free iPhone operation feature would be built in to the company's 2014 Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, SS, and Volt. Siri integration will mean that customers with iPhones running iOS 6 or iOS 7 will be able to use those devices to make voice-activated, hands-free calls to their Contacts, play music from their iTunes libraries, send iMessages, and add Calendar appointments.
Chevy was the first automaker to integrate Siri Eyes Free into its vehicles, debuting the feature in its Spark and Sonic models in February of this year.
While Chevy was the first, eight other automakers initially signed on to integrate Siri compatibility into their vehicles in June of last year. Honda enabled Siri compatibility into its 2013 Accord and Acura models, making the Apple digital assistant a dealer-installed option for buyers.
Other automakers building in compatibility with Siri include General Motors, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota, and Chrysler.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple's iPhone 6s 4K camera shoots better video than $3,000+ Nikon DSLR, test finds
- Adobe makes Lightroom iOS apps completely free, drops license & Creative Cloud requirements
- Verizon plans to share 'supercookie' tracking data with AOL ad network
- Apple Pay not coming to UK's Barclays until 2016, CEO says
- AT&T granted FCC waiver to activate Wi-Fi calling amid tiff with T-Mobile, Sprint