Chevy bringing Apple's Siri Eyes Free to six more 2014 modelsChevy is giving car buyers even more options to access Apple's digital assistant, as the automaker announced on Tuesday that Siri Eyes Free support will be available in six more of its 2014 models.
Citing a "remarkable" customer response to Siri Eyes Free, Chevy revealed that the hands-free iPhone operation feature would be built in to the company's 2014 Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, SS, and Volt. Siri integration will mean that customers with iPhones running iOS 6 or iOS 7 will be able to use those devices to make voice-activated, hands-free calls to their Contacts, play music from their iTunes libraries, send iMessages, and add Calendar appointments.
Chevy was the first automaker to integrate Siri Eyes Free into its vehicles, debuting the feature in its Spark and Sonic models in February of this year.
While Chevy was the first, eight other automakers initially signed on to integrate Siri compatibility into their vehicles in June of last year. Honda enabled Siri compatibility into its 2013 Accord and Acura models, making the Apple digital assistant a dealer-installed option for buyers.
Other automakers building in compatibility with Siri include General Motors, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota, and Chrysler.
On Topic: iPhone
- Review: Yuneec E-Go, an iPhone-connected electric skateboard
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus ship times drop to one day, Retina 5K iMac back in stock
- Lyft, Seamless & Amazon Instant Video add iPhone 6 & 6 Plus screen support; JetBlue gains Touch ID
- Apple seeks Shanghai-based Apple Pay engineer ahead of anticipated China launch
- Orlando Magic are first NBA team to support Apple Pay for in-arena purchases