Chevy bringing Apple's Siri Eyes Free to six more 2014 modelsChevy is giving car buyers even more options to access Apple's digital assistant, as the automaker announced on Tuesday that Siri Eyes Free support will be available in six more of its 2014 models.
Citing a "remarkable" customer response to Siri Eyes Free, Chevy revealed that the hands-free iPhone operation feature would be built in to the company's 2014 Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, SS, and Volt. Siri integration will mean that customers with iPhones running iOS 6 or iOS 7 will be able to use those devices to make voice-activated, hands-free calls to their Contacts, play music from their iTunes libraries, send iMessages, and add Calendar appointments.
Chevy was the first automaker to integrate Siri Eyes Free into its vehicles, debuting the feature in its Spark and Sonic models in February of this year.
While Chevy was the first, eight other automakers initially signed on to integrate Siri compatibility into their vehicles in June of last year. Honda enabled Siri compatibility into its 2013 Accord and Acura models, making the Apple digital assistant a dealer-installed option for buyers.
Other automakers building in compatibility with Siri include General Motors, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota, and Chrysler.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple's iPhone gains 2% marketshare in US as competitors falter
- Leaked Foxconn document backs 12MP camera, 2GB of RAM for 'iPhone 6s'
- Judge approves $50 million settlement from Sprint for phone bill cramming
- Olloclip introduces Studio camera case & accessories for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus
- Apple could eschew plastic back for new metal case with 'iPhone 6c,' rumor says