Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 07:49 am PT (10:49 am ET)
Apple reaffirms iWork for iCloud update ahead of special eventApple has posted a notice to the beta versions of its iWork for iCloud suite, confirming that the cloud document services will be updated during Tuesday's special event.
The notice, which says that users will be able to take advantage of the update "in just a few short hours," was first published by MacRumors early Tuesday morning.
Apple announced the suite at this summer's Worldwide Developers Conference. iWork for iCloud brings Apple's productivity tools — Keynote, Pages, and Numbers — to the web.
Cupertino opened the iWork for iCloud beta to the public in July, and in August limited access due to what the company called "overwhelming demand."
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon