Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 07:49 am PT (10:49 am ET)
Apple reaffirms iWork for iCloud update ahead of special eventApple has posted a notice to the beta versions of its iWork for iCloud suite, confirming that the cloud document services will be updated during Tuesday's special event.
The notice, which says that users will be able to take advantage of the update "in just a few short hours," was first published by MacRumors early Tuesday morning.
Apple announced the suite at this summer's Worldwide Developers Conference. iWork for iCloud brings Apple's productivity tools — Keynote, Pages, and Numbers — to the web.
Cupertino opened the iWork for iCloud beta to the public in July, and in August limited access due to what the company called "overwhelming demand."
On Topic: General
- Apple 'on the prowl' with 24 acquisitions in last year and a half
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss
- Lytro's next-gen $1500 Illum 'light-field' camera bolstered by dedicated Mac software, Aperture support
- Apple tech takes on distracted driving, blocks users from texting while behind the wheel
- Apple print ad touts environmental responsibility, pokes fun at Samsung [u]