Apple updates Safari to version 6.1 for Mountain Lion usersMac owners who will not be taking advantage of the free upgrade to Mavericks can nonetheless enjoy some of updates Apple has made to their Safari web browser.
Safari 6.1 for OS X Moutain Lion brings some of the browing features touted for Mavericks to Apple's previous generation operating system.
The sidebar, with its new Twitter Shared Links function and consolidated Bookmarks and Reading list interfaces, comes over alongside the new "Add to" menu on the left side of Safari's address bar.
Safari Power Saver also trickles down to Mountain Lion. Power Saver helps increase battery life by only directing processing resources to content that is in the foreground. Flash animations on hidden tabs, for example, would not be actively processed until their tab is selected.
Safari 6.1 is available as an update from the Mac App Store now.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple apologizes to developers for Mac App Store certificate flap, explains fix
- Apple issues fourth beta of OS X 10.11.2 to developers for testing
- Certificate problems causing app authentication errors for some Mac App Store users
- Apple issues third OS X 10.11.2 beta to public testers
- Google to discontinue Chrome support for OS X Snow Leopard, Lion & Mountain Lion in April 2016