Apple issues Xcode 5.0.2 update with bug fixes, performance improvementsOne week after Apple released a golden master version of its Xcode 5.0.2 coding tool to developers, the company has made the software available for public consumption, with the update bringing fixes for bugs that caused crashing and stalls.
As noted in previous developer test versions of Xcode 5.0.2, the latest iteration includes software development kits for Apple's newest OS X 10.9 Mavericks operating system, as well as the recently released iOS 7.0.3. SDKs for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion are also included.
According to Apple's release notes, the update fixes "occasional hangs in iOS Simulator during app install, or when debugging." Another fix targets an Xcode crash that some users experiences while debugging iOS 6 devices.
Apple's last Xcode version 5.0.1 was released on Oct. 22 alongside OS X Mavericks. Since then, Apple pushed out an update for iOS 7 that came with support for iCloud Keychain.
Xcode 5.0.2 is available as a free 2.09GB download from the Mac App Store, or via Software Update for existing users.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Sony brings wireless PS4 DualShock 4 controller support to Mac with new $25 dongle
- Apple issues sixth public, seventh developer betas of macOS Sierra
- Google removing support for Chrome Apps in Mac browser by 2018
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Apple wins appeal in Time Machine tech patent infringement suit