Monday, November 11, 2013, 03:13 pm PT (06:13 pm ET)
Apple issues Xcode 5.0.2 update with bug fixes, performance improvementsOne week after Apple released a golden master version of its Xcode 5.0.2 coding tool to developers, the company has made the software available for public consumption, with the update bringing fixes for bugs that caused crashing and stalls.
As noted in previous developer test versions of Xcode 5.0.2, the latest iteration includes software development kits for Apple's newest OS X 10.9 Mavericks operating system, as well as the recently released iOS 7.0.3. SDKs for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion are also included.
According to Apple's release notes, the update fixes "occasional hangs in iOS Simulator during app install, or when debugging." Another fix targets an Xcode crash that some users experiences while debugging iOS 6 devices.
Apple's last Xcode version 5.0.1 was released on Oct. 22 alongside OS X Mavericks. Since then, Apple pushed out an update for iOS 7 that came with support for iCloud Keychain.
Xcode 5.0.2 is available as a free 2.09GB download from the Mac App Store, or via Software Update for existing users.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Using widgets in OS X Yosemite's new Notification Center
- How to activate 'Dark mode' in OS X Yosemite
- iCloud Drive allows OS X Yosemite users to store any type of file in the cloud
- How to use Mail Drop and Markup to send large emails in OS X Yosemite
- Handoff in OS X Yosemite makes it easy to transition between your Mac, iPhone & iPad