Thursday, December 12, 2013, 03:09 pm PT (06:09 pm ET)
Apple updates Remote app with iTunes Radio controlApple on Thursday released an update to its Remote iOS app, adding functionality to control the recently released iTunes Radio when playing on a Mac or PC.
No other changes were made to Remote beyond the added iTunes Radio control, though Apple did refresh the app's aesthetics in November to bring the title up to date with iOS 7.
Prior to today's update, Remote was limited to controlling and iTunes running on a Mac or PC, as well as navigate the Apple TV UI.
Remote comes in at 20MB and can be downloaded for free from the iOS App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Dropbox update adds support for Touch ID login, larger iPhone 6 & 6 Plus screens
- Apple updates iLife suite for Mac with app redesigns, OS X Yosemite support
- Revamped iWork apps for Mac, iOS roll out with Handoff and iCloud Drive support
- CBS All Access offers on-demand & live streaming content for $5.99 per month
- Reddit buys unofficial iOS client Alien Blue, offers 'Pro' features free for limited time