NYT Magazine designer hired by Apple as advertising creative directorNew York Times Magazine design director Arem Duplessis is leaving the publication for a new position at Apple, where beginning in February he will be creative director at the company's internal marketing team.
Arem Duplessis at ABSTRACT Maine 2011, via AIGA Maine on Flickr.
Apple's latest hire was revealed in an interview with MediaBistro, in which Duplessis said after nearly a decade at New York Times Magazine, he feels "it's time for a new chapter and a new challenge." Additional details on his position at Apple remain unknown.
Prior to his stint at the Times, Duplessis was design director at other magazines, including Spin and GQ.
On Topic: General
- Audi, BMW, Daimler officially buy Nokia Here maps in deal valued at $3.07B
- Tech shuttle drivers approve Teamsters contract, Apple working with contractors to raise pay
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Watch at Best Buy, Apple Music numbers, Apple TV news & more
- IBM reportedly plans to purchase up to 200K MacBooks for employees
- Facebook completes first full-scale drone for spreading Internet access to remote regions