Monday, December 30, 2013, 09:02 am PT (12:02 pm ET)
NYT Magazine designer hired by Apple as advertising creative directorNew York Times Magazine design director Arem Duplessis is leaving the publication for a new position at Apple, where beginning in February he will be creative director at the company's internal marketing team.
Arem Duplessis at ABSTRACT Maine 2011, via AIGA Maine on Flickr.
Apple's latest hire was revealed in an interview with MediaBistro, in which Duplessis said after nearly a decade at New York Times Magazine, he feels "it's time for a new chapter and a new challenge." Additional details on his position at Apple remain unknown.
Prior to his stint at the Times, Duplessis was design director at other magazines, including Spin and GQ.
On Topic: General
- Apple's patented physics-based iPad GUI translates file size into mass, supports intuitive gestures
- Apple to limit iPhone 6 NFC to Apple Pay, restrict developer access
- Tim Cook talks consumer privacy, diversity and Apple philosophy in interview
- PayPal questions Apple Pay security in new ad, uses iCloud celebrity photo debacle as ammunition
- With eye on Apple Pay, Apple joins secure chip technology non-profit GlobalPlatform