Monday, December 30, 2013, 09:02 am PT (12:02 pm ET)
NYT Magazine designer hired by Apple as advertising creative directorNew York Times Magazine design director Arem Duplessis is leaving the publication for a new position at Apple, where beginning in February he will be creative director at the company's internal marketing team.
Arem Duplessis at ABSTRACT Maine 2011, via AIGA Maine on Flickr.
Apple's latest hire was revealed in an interview with MediaBistro, in which Duplessis said after nearly a decade at New York Times Magazine, he feels "it's time for a new chapter and a new challenge." Additional details on his position at Apple remain unknown.
Prior to his stint at the Times, Duplessis was design director at other magazines, including Spin and GQ.
On Topic: General
- Apple promoting savings with back-to-school sales tax holidays in US
- Apple expanding AppleCare+ warranties internationally, now available in Mexico & Sweden
- Apple patents smart navigation routing with crowd-sourced stop light pattern recognition
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction