NYT Magazine designer hired by Apple as advertising creative directorNew York Times Magazine design director Arem Duplessis is leaving the publication for a new position at Apple, where beginning in February he will be creative director at the company's internal marketing team.
Arem Duplessis at ABSTRACT Maine 2011, via AIGA Maine on Flickr.
Apple's latest hire was revealed in an interview with MediaBistro, in which Duplessis said after nearly a decade at New York Times Magazine, he feels "it's time for a new chapter and a new challenge." Additional details on his position at Apple remain unknown.
Prior to his stint at the Times, Duplessis was design director at other magazines, including Spin and GQ.
On Topic: General
- Bowers & Wilkins debuts new Zeppelin Wireless speaker with support for Apple's AirPlay
- Apple invention brings inductive charging to iPhone without extra hardware
- Jony Ive remembers Steve Jobs' 'simple focus' on creating the beautiful and great
- Jimmy Iovine rails against 'freemium' price model, says most tech companies are 'culturally inept'
- Watch: Newly released video shows 'softer side' of late Apple cofounder Steve Jobs