NYT Magazine designer hired by Apple as advertising creative directorNew York Times Magazine design director Arem Duplessis is leaving the publication for a new position at Apple, where beginning in February he will be creative director at the company's internal marketing team.
Arem Duplessis at ABSTRACT Maine 2011, via AIGA Maine on Flickr.
Apple's latest hire was revealed in an interview with MediaBistro, in which Duplessis said after nearly a decade at New York Times Magazine, he feels "it's time for a new chapter and a new challenge." Additional details on his position at Apple remain unknown.
Prior to his stint at the Times, Duplessis was design director at other magazines, including Spin and GQ.
On Topic: General
- Apple's FaceTime subject of renewed VoIP patent infringement lawsuit
- Apple's Campus 2 to use updated Bloom Energy fuel cells first deployed at NC data center
- Apple's iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store suffer unscheduled downtime [ux2]
- Netflix working on offline viewing, could arrive by end of 2016 - report
- AppleInsider podcast shares hands-on impressions of iOS 10, watchOS 3