NYT Magazine designer hired by Apple as advertising creative directorNew York Times Magazine design director Arem Duplessis is leaving the publication for a new position at Apple, where beginning in February he will be creative director at the company's internal marketing team.
Arem Duplessis at ABSTRACT Maine 2011, via AIGA Maine on Flickr.
Apple's latest hire was revealed in an interview with MediaBistro, in which Duplessis said after nearly a decade at New York Times Magazine, he feels "it's time for a new chapter and a new challenge." Additional details on his position at Apple remain unknown.
Prior to his stint at the Times, Duplessis was design director at other magazines, including Spin and GQ.
On Topic: General
- Apple Stores suffering from 'cult' atmosphere, advancement barriers, says UK staffer
- This week on AI: New MacBook Pro rumors, Apple's answer to Echo, Apple Car charging & more
- Apple details efforts to ease environmental impact at Irish data center
- Jawbone said to end fitness tracker sales, may sell off speaker business [u]
- AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule pulled from U.S. Apple Stores