Tweetbot 3 for iOS adds direct message image support in updatePopular Twitter client Tweetbot on Monday received a minor update that brings the iOS app up to speed with support for images in direct messages, one of the microblogging service's latest features.
Tweetbot 3 for iOS hit version 3.2.1 with the latest update and adds support for one new Twitter feature along with the usual "various bug fixes." With the new iteration, users of can now view direct message images in-app.
While Twitter announced the functionality for its first-party software earlier in December, Tweetbot is one of the first third-party clients to take advantage of the feature.
Usage is still limited, however, as Twitter's public API does not yet support sending images by direct message, meaning Tweetbot users can only view incoming pictures from an official Twitter app.
The new iOS version comes on the heels of developer Tapbots' latest release of Tweetbot for Mac, which brought fixes for a number of issues including unread message notification errors, iCloud sync hangups and more.
Tweetbot 3 for iPhone and iPod touch comes in at 8MB and can be purchased from the iOS App Store for $4.99.
On Topic: App Store
- Search glitches hit iOS and Mac App Stores, concealing major apps [ux2]
- Apple says all apps must support IPv6-only networking by June
- AMC launches tvOS app with free streaming for select shows
- Microsoft lets new Word Flow keyboard loose on the App Store with one-handed mode
- Apple Store app's 3D Touch support expanded with Peek and Pop previews