Monday, December 30, 2013, 03:03 pm PT (06:03 pm ET)
Tweetbot 3 for iOS adds direct message image support in updatePopular Twitter client Tweetbot on Monday received a minor update that brings the iOS app up to speed with support for images in direct messages, one of the microblogging service's latest features.
Tweetbot 3 for iOS hit version 3.2.1 with the latest update and adds support for one new Twitter feature along with the usual "various bug fixes." With the new iteration, users of can now view direct message images in-app.
While Twitter announced the functionality for its first-party software earlier in December, Tweetbot is one of the first third-party clients to take advantage of the feature.
Usage is still limited, however, as Twitter's public API does not yet support sending images by direct message, meaning Tweetbot users can only view incoming pictures from an official Twitter app.
The new iOS version comes on the heels of developer Tapbots' latest release of Tweetbot for Mac, which brought fixes for a number of issues including unread message notification errors, iCloud sync hangups and more.
Tweetbot 3 for iPhone and iPod touch comes in at 8MB and can be purchased from the iOS App Store for $4.99.
On Topic: App Store
- Facebook buys 'Move' fitness tracking app for Apple's iPhone
- RunKeeper for iOS adds 'Goal Coach' for personalized guidance and motivation
- Opera 'Coast' for iOS brings the enjoyment back to mobile Web browsing
- IMDb for iOS adds TV & Amazon Prime listings, Nike+ Move gets internationalized
- Developers get new app content descriptions, rating systems in iTunes Connect update