Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 02:49 pm PT (05:49 pm ET)
Apple seeds OS X Server 3.1 Preview with bug fixesComing on the heels of Apple's iOS 7.1 beta release, the company on Tuesday pushed out a new preview version of OS X Server 3.1 to developers with bug fixes and minor improvements over last month's version.
People familiar with OS X Server 3.1 Preview note the latest build number 13S4090c is focused on general Server and Profile Manger bug fixes.
It appears Apple has patched problems found in the last preview, issued on Jan. 21, which also addressed Profile Manager problems.
Known issues include self-signed certificates in Safari and a sticky "Enable VPP Managed Distribution Service" checkbox when in the "Processing VPP information...." state. Both items have simple workarounds.
Developers can download the latest OS X Server 3.1 Preview via Software Update or Apple's developer portal. To test the software, developers must be running OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 beta.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks with reliability enhancements, includes Safari 7.0.6
- Apple releases new OS X Yosemite betas for developers, public beta participants
- Apple Watch, AirDrop, iBeacon & Continuity coax advanced features from Bluetooth & WiFi
- VMWare releases Fusion 7 with support for OS X Yosemite and Retina optimization
- Apple issues first iCloud for Windows beta with iCloud Drive support