Apple releases iTunes 11.1.5 with fix for device connection issuesApple on Wednesday released a minor update for iTunes, its media and syncing suite, addressing a problem that could occur when a device was plugged into a Mac for syncing.
The new update is currently available to download directly from Apple for OS X users. It can also be updated through the Mac App Store.
According to Apple, the update also improves compatibility with iBooks for Mac on OS X Mavericks.
The new, minor release comes just over a month after the debut of iTunes 11.1.4, which brought an enhanced Wish List, as well as new language additions. Prior to that, iTunes hadn't seen any software updates released since last November.
iTunes 11.1 debuted alongside the new iOS 7 mobile platform last September, and also added compatibility for Apple's latest handset models, the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c. That update also introduced new features such as iTunes Radio and Genius Shuffle, marking the last time a significant "point-one" upgrade was issued for iTunes.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple promotes Beats 1 Radio in behind-the-scenes Snapchat story
- Apple Music hits 10M subscribers in four weeks, report says
- Keith Richards debuts new music video exclusively on Apple Music
- Pandora CEO says company has seen 'no impact' from Apple Music launch
- Consumer advocacy group, Sen. Al Franken add to Apple Music antitrust clamor