Apple updates iTunes Movie Trailers app with notifications, Rotten Tomatoes reviewsApple on Tuesday brought a few useful additions to its iTunes Movie Trailers app, including a new notification system for shows to be released in theaters or the iTunes Store and in-app critic reviews from Rotten Tomatoes.
One of the most substantial enhancements to iTunes Movie Trailers version 1.4 is the addition of push notification services which alert users when a movie hits theaters or the iTunes Store.
To activate the feature, add a show to the Favorites section and Trailers will automatically send out a notification when the movie is available. Notifications can be toggled in iOS Settings.
In addition, critic reviews from Rotten Tomatoes are now accessible in app. Previously, Trailers was limited to "rotten" or "fresh" scores and user ratings. With version 1.4, users can browse review snippets from top Rotten Tomatoes critics.
Finally, Trailers adds sharing via the AirDrop protocol, which allows users to pass along links to their favorite movie trailers. The usual bugs and performance improvements round out the update.
iTunes Movie Trailers weighs in at 3.9MB and is available for free from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple's iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store suffer unscheduled downtime [ux2]
- Apple features 'Lifeline' in latest Developer Insights series
- NASA's tvOS app brings live HD video, photos and more to Apple TV
- Dropbox introduces new productivity tools including text scanner for Apple's iOS
- New rules may put up barriers to games on Apple's App Store in China