New photos compare 4.7" 'iPhone 6' mockup to current-gen iPod touchAn aluminum mockup of Apple's next generation iPhone, likely based off of widely-circulated "leaked" specifications, has cropped up and is shown next to a fifth generation iPod touch in a new photo set.
The mockup appears slightly thicker, wider, and longer than its phone-less counterpart. The photos were taken by Italian blog macitynet.it.
According to the publication, the slot for the 4.7-inch display is nearly the same width as the entire body of the iPod touch. The model sports many of the same features seen in previous mockups, including a curious rounded flash that would seem to indicate a departure from the dual-LED True Tone flash setup found in the iPhone 5s.
Apple is widely believed to be planning the release of two new iPhone models with larger displays this fall. A 4.7-inch variant is rumored to debut as soon as August, while a larger 5.5-inch "phablet" version would follow at a later date.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple's iOS clenches 78.3% of U.S. mobile online shopping over Thanksgiving, 360% more than Android
- Apple rumored to ditch headphone jack on 'iPhone 7' for Lightning connector audio
- Apple planning jump to OLED for 2018 iPhones, report claims
- T-Mobile offers $200 per line for Sprint customers who switch this holiday
- Apple, China UnionPay have 'preliminary' agreement on Apple Pay, report says