New photos compare 4.7" 'iPhone 6' mockup to current-gen iPod touchAn aluminum mockup of Apple's next generation iPhone, likely based off of widely-circulated "leaked" specifications, has cropped up and is shown next to a fifth generation iPod touch in a new photo set.
The mockup appears slightly thicker, wider, and longer than its phone-less counterpart. The photos were taken by Italian blog macitynet.it.
According to the publication, the slot for the 4.7-inch display is nearly the same width as the entire body of the iPod touch. The model sports many of the same features seen in previous mockups, including a curious rounded flash that would seem to indicate a departure from the dual-LED True Tone flash setup found in the iPhone 5s.
Apple is widely believed to be planning the release of two new iPhone models with larger displays this fall. A 4.7-inch variant is rumored to debut as soon as August, while a larger 5.5-inch "phablet" version would follow at a later date.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple rumored to launch 'iPhone 7' on week of Sept. 12
- Pokemon Go sets Apple App Store record for launch downloads, but US growth slowing
- 'Solid' forecast from Apple chipmaker Skyworks may bode well for 'iPhone 7' production
- New video from China compares rose gold finish in alleged 'iPhone 7' to iPhone 6s
- Pokemon Go comes home, launches in Japan with McDonald's sponsorship