Thursday, July 24, 2014, 01:09 pm PT (04:09 pm ET)
Google updates Gmail for iOS with enhanced Google Drive integrationHeavy users of Google's web services suite will be pleased with the latest update to the company's Gmail app for iOS, which adds two new features that more tightly couple Gmail with Google Drive.
Users can now save attachments from messages directly to Google Drive, rather than being forced to download them to their device. The same functionality also works in reverse, allowing Drive files to be inserted into new messages.
In addition, the update adds account management options to help de-clutter the user interface. Users can choose which of their Gmail accounts to show without removing accounts used by other Google apps on the same device.
Finally, users can now change their Gmail profile picture in the app's settings pane.
Gmail version 3.14159 (pi) is available now as a free, 9.3-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Developers of PCalc, Nomi run afoul of Apple's evolving iOS 8 App Store policies
- Nike+ Running app updated with Apple HealthKit integration, elevation tracking, more
- Facebook introduces anonymous chat app 'Rooms'
- Apple expands TestFlight iOS app beta invitations to 1,000 users
- First look: Pixelmator for iPad takes powerful image editing on-the-go