Google updates Gmail for iOS with enhanced Google Drive integrationHeavy users of Google's web services suite will be pleased with the latest update to the company's Gmail app for iOS, which adds two new features that more tightly couple Gmail with Google Drive.
Users can now save attachments from messages directly to Google Drive, rather than being forced to download them to their device. The same functionality also works in reverse, allowing Drive files to be inserted into new messages.
In addition, the update adds account management options to help de-clutter the user interface. Users can choose which of their Gmail accounts to show without removing accounts used by other Google apps on the same device.
Finally, users can now change their Gmail profile picture in the app's settings pane.
Gmail version 3.14159 (pi) is available now as a free, 9.3-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Microsoft Outlook debuts as free download for iPhone, iPad
- Google Play downloads are growing, but Apple's App Store commands 70% of revenue
- Roundup: The best ways to stave off cabin fever with your iPhone or iPad
- Apple closing independent TestFlight service at the end of February
- AppleInsider's iOS app updated with dismissible Plus trial option, remains free for all