Apple's Beats Music refines iOS app, Clumsy Ninja adds summer contentTwo interesting updates hit the App Store on Monday as new Apple subsidiary Beats Music unveiled a number of refinements to the app's user experience and popular gaming title Clumsy Ninja added a slew of new content.
Beats Music will now allow users to adjust their favorite genres and artists, in a feature the company calls Tune Your Taste. This will alter the recommendations given in the service's Just For You section.
Beats has also added a history view for its famous The Sentence feature that allows listeners to see their most recently played songs. Additionally, profiles can now get Twitter-style "Verified" badges, and the company promises a number of bug fixes for the player to make playback "more smooth and reliable."
Beats Music version 2.2.0 is available now as a free, 17.8-megabyte download from the App Store.
Clumsy Ninja, one of the most popular gaming titles on iOS since its debut, has added a huge amount of content for the summer. Players can now have their ninja don a summer suit, play with beach balls, hold a sunny balloon, or dodge discs from the dic-o-matic.
Developers NaturalMotion games have also added new "mystery boxes" that are good for free gifts, and many of the game's in-app purchases are now on sale — including a 3-for-2 offer on ninja suits and 50% off of a starter ninja kit.
Clumsy Ninja version 1.8.0 is available now as a free, 94-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple opens Red Cross donations towards Louisiana flood relief
- Apple opens iTunes carrier billing to Japan, expected to bring option to more countries soon
- Apple expands carrier billing availability with rollout in Taiwan and Switzerland [u]
- Apple fighting to stem fake Bitcoin apps on App Store
- Latest 'Pokemon Go' update brings safety warnings, returns battery saver mode