Best Buy slashes $75 off all iPad Air with Wi-Fi, 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular models in one-day saleAhead of an expected refresh of Apple's iPad lineup, Best Buy on Wednesday announced a special one-day-only sale that takes $75 off all iPad Air with Wi-Fi models and the 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular, bringing the cost of entry down to $425.
Available through BestBuy's website, the 24-hour slasher sale applies to all Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad Air models, from the entry level 16GB version to the top-of-the-line 128GB cellular model.
With the deal, a 16GB Space Gray iPad Air with Wi-Fi only drops from $499.99 to to $424.99, while the 32GB, 64GB and 128GB versions go for $524.99, $624.99 and $724.99, respectively.
For Wi-Fi + Cellular models, Best Buy is offering $100 off versions up to 64GB with a two-year contract. For example, a white 16GB iPad Air on AT&T goes for $529.99, while a 32GB Verizon version can be had for $629.99 and a 64GB model for $729.99. Best Buy is applying the one-day $75 discount to 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular models.
In addition, Best Buy is allowing students to tack on the usual $50 discount to today's $75 price cuts, bringing Apple's iPad Air down to $374.99.
The sale is likely meant to clear out inventory ahead of an expected iPad lineup refresh coming this fall. Rumors reported earlier today claimed the so-called "iPad Air 2" will be getting a memory increase to 2GB of onboard RAM, while the second-generation iPad mini is to carry over the current 1GB or RAM.
On Topic: iPad
- Apple's iPad an effective sedative for children about to undergo surgery, study finds
- Supply chain sees tablet market expansion, with Apple's iPad holding fast
- Microsoft ad says Apple's iPad Pro Smart Keyboard doesn't make it a real computer
- Apple to debut 10.5" iPad Pro in 2017, integrate flexible AMOLED tech in 2018
- Review: Logitech Create Backlit Keyboard Case for Apple's 9.7" iPad Pro