NFL Now channel arrives on Apple TV with highlights & original seriesNearly two weeks after first appearing in app form on the iPhone and iPad, the National Football League's new NFL Now digital content network has made its way to Apple's set-top streamer with news, highlights, and archival footage.
The new channel sports a design reminiscent of the Apple TV's other channels, with a series of scrolling billboards along the top and a listing of popular videos below. Streams of original NFL series like "Hard Knocks" and "A Football Life" are available, as are game highlights.
Additionally, viewers can access their personalized NFL Now stream on the Apple TV. The NFL says that the custom stream — based on the viewer's favorite teams, players, and fantasy roster — will change over time, "to the point where no two registered fans will have the same experience on NFL Now."
The NFL promises to stock the channel with 105 hours of original content each week to supplement the 400 available hours of historical footage. Viewers can unlock additional content, including instant in-game highlights, with a $1.99-per-month subscription to NFL Now Plus that can be purchased directly on the Apple TV.
NFL Now Plus will cost $4.99 per month for international viewers, but will grant those living outside the U.S., Mexico, and the U.K. access to a live stream of NFL Network as well as Sunday access to NFL Red Zone.
For users without an Apple TV, the NFL Now app is available now for iPhone and iPad as a free, 27.9-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Rumor: Apple could be plotting new multitouch Bluetooth remote, OS X El Capitan beta reveals
- Apple expressed interest in 4K video streaming in 2013, leaked Sony documents show
- Apple TV leaps into first place as iOS dominates online video market, Adobe reports
- Updated Apple TV hardware not coming to WWDC 2015, report says
- CBS bringing standalone, cable-free Showtime subscription to Apple TV [u]