NFL Now channel arrives on Apple TV with highlights & original seriesNearly two weeks after first appearing in app form on the iPhone and iPad, the National Football League's new NFL Now digital content network has made its way to Apple's set-top streamer with news, highlights, and archival footage.
The new channel sports a design reminiscent of the Apple TV's other channels, with a series of scrolling billboards along the top and a listing of popular videos below. Streams of original NFL series like "Hard Knocks" and "A Football Life" are available, as are game highlights.
Additionally, viewers can access their personalized NFL Now stream on the Apple TV. The NFL says that the custom stream — based on the viewer's favorite teams, players, and fantasy roster — will change over time, "to the point where no two registered fans will have the same experience on NFL Now."
The NFL promises to stock the channel with 105 hours of original content each week to supplement the 400 available hours of historical footage. Viewers can unlock additional content, including instant in-game highlights, with a $1.99-per-month subscription to NFL Now Plus that can be purchased directly on the Apple TV.
NFL Now Plus will cost $4.99 per month for international viewers, but will grant those living outside the U.S., Mexico, and the U.K. access to a live stream of NFL Network as well as Sunday access to NFL Red Zone.
For users without an Apple TV, the NFL Now app is available now for iPhone and iPad as a free, 27.9-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple partner Imagination unveils PowerVR 'super-GPU' with 512 ALU cores for game consoles
- Piper Jaffray sees a revamped Apple TV set-top box being core of Apple's fall 2015 products
- Apple restarts talks with content owners for over-the-top, web-based TV service
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports