Apple provides fifth beta of OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan to developers, public testersApple on Monday supplied a fifth beta of its forthcoming OS X 10.11.2 update for El Capitan, providing a new-release build to both registered developers and members of the public beta program.
OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 Public Beta 5 is now available to download from the Mac App Store. It is identified as build 15C48a.
Apple has again warned testers to install the update on a system or partition they are prepared to erase if necessary.
Focus areas in the fifth beta are Graphics, Mail, Wi-Fi, Calendar, USB, Notes, Photos, Spotlight, and Networking.
The new beta launches less than two weeks after the fourth beta of OS X 10.11.2 was issued. Apple had been pushing out new updates weekly, but likely took last week off for the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S.
Apple last month formally released the OS X 10.11.1 update to address issues with Office 2016, Mail, VoiceOver and more. The software also included unspecified performance enhancements and more than 150 new emoji characters.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple drops new betas for OS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.3, and tvOS 9.2.2
- Apple might let users unlock Mac via Touch ID on iPhone with OS X 10.12
- Leaked screens show Siri in Apple's upcoming OS X 10.12 with always-on 'Hey Siri'
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5
- Messaging service WhatsApp launches desktop app for Mac