Netflix refreshes iOS app with 3D Touch, iPad Pro support & moreNetflix released a major update to its iOS app on Wednesday, introducing things like 3D Touch for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, and a newly optimized layout for the iPad Pro.
The app's 3D Touch support consists of peek-and-pop gestures, letting users see a synopsis of a movie or TV show without jumping to the item's page. People can also use these previews to do things like launch a video, or add and remove content from a watchlist.
The new iPad Pro layout is similar to the regular iPad interface, but now correctly scales elements for the Pro's 2048-by-2732 display. Another popular video app, YouTube, made a similar upgrade on Tuesday.
Netflix has also revised the Kids interface across iPads, and carried its "Post-Play" features over to the iPhone. Already available on many other platforms, Post-Play will automatically queue the next episode in a TV series, simultaneously making recommendations on things to see later.
Other changes include general performance tweaks, and Arabic support on devices with iOS 9 or better. The update is a free download for Netflix subscribers, and requires iOS 8.
On Topic: iPhone
- Suspect order assembly sheet purports to confirm 256GB 'iPhone 7' capacity
- Microsoft updates Word Flow iOS keyboard with built-in search tools, 3D Touch & more
- Unlikely photos of "iPhone 6 SE" packaging appear, contain some questionable details
- UK supermarket giant Asda tests support for Apple Pay
- Touch controllers on iPhone 6, 6 Plus failing in specific way for some users