AppleInsider podcast talks Apple v. the FBI, steps to encrypt your iPhone & filesThis week on the AppleInsider podcast, Shane and Victor look at the latest new developments in the FBI's conflict with Apple, and its impact within US politics. They also touch on the history of encryption and steps you can take to encrypt your own iPhone and files.
AppleInsider editors Shane Cole and Victor Marks go free form once again, chatting about:
- FBI vs Apple
- California bill requiring any encrypted phone to be backdoored
- Eddy Cue and the potential of being required to remotely enable the camera and microphone to spy on you
- Tips! Securely back up your iPhone
- Tips 2! Securely use disk images with DropBox
- FBI vs Apple a wedge issue for US voters?
- Tim Cook attends the American Enterprise Forum, discusses an end to Trump's presidential hopes
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
The show is also available on Stitcher Radio.
Show note links:
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @shanecole and @vmarks.
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at email@example.com and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Topic: General
- Future watch: new Ethernet standard to bring 2.5 and 5 Gbit/sec speeds to existing cabling
- This week on AI: 'Touch bar' MacBook Pro in late Oct., all-glass casing on 2017 iPhones & more
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel