AppleInsider podcast talks Apple v. the FBI, steps to encrypt your iPhone & filesThis week on the AppleInsider podcast, Shane and Victor look at the latest new developments in the FBI's conflict with Apple, and its impact within US politics. They also touch on the history of encryption and steps you can take to encrypt your own iPhone and files.
AppleInsider editors Shane Cole and Victor Marks go free form once again, chatting about:
- FBI vs Apple
- California bill requiring any encrypted phone to be backdoored
- Eddy Cue and the potential of being required to remotely enable the camera and microphone to spy on you
- Tips! Securely back up your iPhone
- Tips 2! Securely use disk images with DropBox
- FBI vs Apple a wedge issue for US voters?
- Tim Cook attends the American Enterprise Forum, discusses an end to Trump's presidential hopes
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
The show is also available on Stitcher Radio.
Show note links:
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @shanecole and @vmarks.
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at email@example.com and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Topic: General
- VirnetX asks court to ban FaceTime and iMessage, add $190 million to patent payout
- Apple invention turns Lightning headphones into smart walkie-talkies
- Energy consumption concerns loom over Apple's proposed Irish data center
- Google preps self-driving car facility near Detroit as Chrysler partnership ramps up
- China's Xiaomi shows off new $460 4K camera drone