Apple supplies 7th beta of OS X 10.11.4 with support for Live Photos in MessagesWith less than a week to go before Apple's highly anticipated media presentation, Apple has provided developers and public testers with the seventh pre-release beta of OS X 10.11.4, a forthcoming update to El Capitan that will bring new features including encrypted Notes and support for Live Photos.
Registered developers and members of Apple's public beta program can now access OS X 10.11.4 Beta 7 from the Mac App Store. It is identified as build 15E64a.
The new build arrives one day after both developers and public testers were given the seventh beta of iOS 9.3. Most previous releases were released simultaneously, making this week's staggered rollout somewhat unusual.
The sixth betas of OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 and iOS 9.3 were issued just over a week ago.
New features in OS X 10.11.4 include individually encrypted items in Notes, as well as support for displaying iPhone 6s Live Photos within Apple's Messages app. Simply open a Live Photo in a preview window by double clicking or pressing space bar, then click the "Live Photo" icon at the bottom left of the open window to begin playback.
OS X 10.11.4 also patches a bug related to opening links on Twitter via Apple's Safari browser.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple Xcode 8 beta now secured with digital signatures in .xip format
- 3rd-party Vulkan API could simplify porting graphics-intensive games to Metal on macOS, iOS
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- Apple issues third macOS Sierra beta to developers
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit