This week on AI: To USB-C or not to USB-C, Apple's Hollywood recruiting, massive Amazon outage & moreRumors this week suggested that Apple's new iPhones will use some form of USB-C technology, and that the company is looking to recruit Hollywood film and TV producers for ends unknown. Legal battles, a huge Amazon outage and more contributed to an eventful few days.
To keep up on the latest in the Apple world, download the official AppleInsider app, and subscribe to our email newsletter.
Everything you need to know:
- Apple's new iPhones should support fast charging through USB-C technology —while still using Lightning > >
- The company is recruiting Hollywood producers for big plans > >
- Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway bought $17 billion in Apple shares > >
- An Amazon S3 outage impacted Apple and many other cloud services > >
- Apple may have finally prevailed in its patent fight with Smartflash > >
- A new lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm opened in the U.K. > >
- Apple threw its legal weight behind a transgender student arguing for rights to use bathrooms matching his identity > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or stream the embed below:
A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week:
All of Apple's 2017 iPhones will include fast charging via Lightning port, not USB-C
Apple execs looking to recruit TV & movie producers for 'transformative' change - report
Warren Buffett grows Berkshire Hathaway AAPL stake to 133 million shares worth $17 billion
Human error caused Amazon Web Services outage, Apple iCloud service issues
US federal appeals court tosses $533M Smartflash victory against Apple
Apple adds to Qualcomm legal battles with new UK lawsuit
Apple among corporations supporting transgender student in Supreme Court case
Apple shareholders again reject proposal to diversify senior management
Questionable rumor claims Apple will ditch Lightning for USB-C on OLED 'iPhone 8'
Apple fulfilling LG UltraFine 5K display orders quicker than expected, some arrive today
Apple's 'iPhone 8' using custom fingerprint tech, not starting production until September —report
Taiwan Mobile opens preorders for limited release of gold iPhone 6 with 32GB storage