This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Victor and Neil discuss some of the changes in iPhone 8 and X. Dan comes back to talk about his impressions having held them in Apple's hands-on area after the event.
Until then, in our latest episode, AppleInsider editors Neil Hughes, Daniel Eran Dilger and Victor Marks discuss:
- Sen. Al Franken calls on Apple to explain Face ID and provide details on how they guard privacy and will respond to Gov requests for FaceID data
- Apple raises prices for repairs and AppleCare+
- Rumor recap: Neil goes into who got what right
- The end of reachability as a feature on iPhone X
- Quickcharging the iPhone X, and the cost to get the parts to do it
- Belkin UpBoost and Mophie Charge Force accessories for wireless charging iPhone 8 and iPhone X
- Dan comes back to talk about his impressions having had hands on with the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, and we're glad to have him.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Senator calls on Apple to address Face ID privacy concerns
- Apple hikes repair, replacement & AppleCare+ prices for iPhones
- Rumor recap: Who was right and wrong about the iPhone X and iPhone 8
- 5.8" iPhone X designed for two-handed use as Apple apparently drops support for Reachability
- Quick charging the iPhone 8 and iPhone X requires at least $70 in accessory purchases
- Belkin Boost Up Qi-compatible wireless charging pad arriving for iPhone 8, iPhone X
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @thisisneil, @danieleran and @vmarks.
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at email@example.com.