On this week's AppleInsider Podcast, Victor interviews Deirdre Leid of Pioneer about using Lightning for headphones and the advantages it brings, and catches up with Mike about the weird and wonderful things from CES 2018.
In this hour, AppleInsider editors Victor Marks and Mike Wuerthele discuss:
- HomeKit at CES, and the increase in it - Victor's seeing the HomeKit space mature as home security becomes a focus.
- AirPlay2 is still MIA, and the best we know is that there are manufacturers that want it as much as we do.
- Alpine addresses the single DIN-big screen need for CarPlay with aplomb
- Deirdre Leid from Pioneer joins us to speak about what happens when getting rid of the headphone jack is a Good Thing.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Video: First look at the next-generation SimpliSafe security system with incoming HomeKit integration
- 2018 Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show stymied by blackout, heavy rain and flooding
- Belkin's smart Bridge brings HomeKit control to Wemo accessories
- Asus XG Station Pro Thunderbolt 3 eGPU enclosure has slim form factor, external power supply
- Netatmo adding Apple HomeKit to Welcome indoor camera by end of March
- Alpine iLX-F309 equips CarPlay-compatible in-dash receiver with 'floating' 9-inch display
- Nanoleaf Remote launches as 12-sided HomeKit controller alongside tease of upcoming square light panel kit
- Video: Hands on with the Elgato Eve Button & Aqua Smart Devices and Apple's HomeKit
- Apple responds to investor criticism over heavy smartphone use by children, says parental controls already in place
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @mike_wuerthele, and @vmarks
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at email@example.com.