Iomega to Announce New USB Zip DrivesIn the last three years Iomega has gone from innovative to insignificant. The company that once revolutionized removable media has been on a losing streak as of late. Iomega reported a $19.8 million loss, before major restructuring charges for their second fiscal quarter of 1999. Last week the Company's CEO, Jodie Glore resigned.
Current USB Zip
Regardless, the Company is pushing on. According to sources, Iomega will bear the fruits of their most recent project at next week's Seybold Conference in San Francisco. Set to make their debut are Iomega's new translucent 250MB USB/PCMCIA Zip Drives. Previously the USB Zip has only been available in a 100MB. This will definitely be music to the ears of iMac and New Power Macintosh G3 owners.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Q3 beats forecasts, 'Apple Car' leadership changes, augmented reality plans & more
- Apple urges Supreme Court to end long-running Samsung patent case
- Apple CEO Tim Cook, VP Lisa Jackson to host Clinton fundraising event
- Microsoft lays off 2,850 more people in continued retreat from phones
- AppleInsider podcast talks Q3 earnings, more 'iPhone 7' rumors, 'Apple Car,' more