Mac OS 9.0 Quietly Reaches Final CandidateMac OS 9.0, code-named Sonata, officially transitioned into the Final Candidate stage, as Beta 7 was accepted as Final Candidate 1. On Friday, Apple seeded developers with Mac OS 9.0 Final Candidate 2 and made a note that seedings should increase at a rapid pace as the development team is striving to meet its goal of delivering the release by October.
Currently there are known issues with StuffIt Deluxe, Expander, and DropStuff, Adobe Type Manager and Adobe Type Reunion, and Symantec's Norton AntiVirus 6. "We are working with the developers of these products to resolve these issues," Tim Holmes, Mac OS Technology Manager, told developers.
Final Candidate seedings are now expected weekly. As always, we'll update you with the latest.
On Topic: General
- Apple monitoring AT&T's potential merger with Time Warner, report says
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- US internet users suffering under DDoS attacks on key DNS provider
- AT&T purchase of Time Warner could be announced this weekend - report
- Tesla tips more details of self-driving ridesharing service