Mac OS 9.0 Turns FC 9 Golden Master Candidate 4Since the last time we published an update on Mac OS 9.0 (Sonata), the release has reached Final Candidate 9. FC 5 was seeded internally over the weekend, FC 6 was released to developers on Monday, and FC 7 and 8 were also seeded only within Apple on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively.
Mac OS 9.0 Final Candidate 6 was the first build to be considered for a Golden Master; hence, Final Candidate 9 is the 4th to be considered. Documentation is soon to be finalized and the release is expected to turn GM over the next 48 hours.
The release will "officially" be unveiled during Apple's Media Event to be held on October 5th at the Flint Center. Copies of the System Upgrade are expected to hit store shelves immediately following the announcement. In all, the software is expected to add around $50 million in additional revenue to Apple's first fiscal quarter of 2000.
On Topic: General
- Google staves off Oracle code copyright claim
- VirnetX asks court to ban FaceTime and iMessage, add $190 million to patent payout
- Apple invention turns Lightning headphones into smart walkie-talkies
- Energy consumption concerns loom over Apple's proposed Irish data center
- Google preps self-driving car facility near Detroit as Chrysler partnership ramps up