Researchers in a pair of reports that surfaced this week claim to have successfully bypassed Apple's Activation Lock security feature using a heretofore unknown bug, potentially leaving iPad and iPhone devices open to attack.
Friday, December 02, 2016
Thursday, December 01, 2016
For one day only, shoppers can snap up Apple's brand-new Late 2016 13" MacBook Pro (2.0GHz, 8GB, 256GB) in Space Gray bundled with AppleCare for just $1,499.99 ($248 off). On top of the instant cash savings, Adorama will not collect sales tax on orders shipped outside NY and NJ — and shipping is free. This is the lowest price we've seen to date on this model.
Apple on Thursday tinted red the iconic backlit logos installed outside brick-and-mortar stores around the world, continuing a long-standing tradition in support of World AIDS Day, which falls on Dec. 1.
In Stock Alert: Apple's high-end 15" MacBook Pro (2.7GHz 16GB 512GB Radeon 455) in Space Gray & Silver
Looking to purchase one of Apple's high-end 15-inch MacBook Pros with Touch Bar but seeking instant gratification? You could be in luck: Apple authorized reseller B&H Photo has just taken receipt of several new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models — including the (2.7GHz 16GB 512GB Radeon 455) configuration — which are ready to ship out tomorrow with free expedited shipping and no sales tax in 49 states.
CBS on Thursday announced a significant coup for its All Access video service, revealing that as of Dec. 4 subscribers will be able to stream the network's NFL games — though smartphone owners will have to turn elsewhere.
Adding more competition to an already tough marketplace, iHeartRadio on Thursday released iOS and Android app updates allowing listeners to stream music on-demand with a paid subscription, thanks to a partnership with Napster.
People worried about whether their iPhone 6s qualifies for Apple's free battery replacement program can now check directly via the company's website.
ExclusiveKiller Deals: Save $130 to $350 instantly on Apple's new Touch Bar MacBook Pros with Apple Care, plus no tax in 48 states
First come, first served: AppleInsider readers can use exclusive coupons this week to instantly save between $130 and $350 on pre-orders for every possible configuration of Apple's new Late 2016 MacBook Pros bundled with AppleCare, including all 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models and all 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models. Plus sales tax isn't collected in 48 states.
Thursday, December 01, 2016
After Microsoft's throwing away the Nokia brand name, a company has licensed the brand and is planning on tackling Samsung and Apple's on the smartphone field of battle after an initial wave of feature phones.
Spotify, the world's biggest on-demand music service, could finally turn a profit in 2017, one of its board members said on Thursday.
A highly-regarded media browser and playback tool, Plex Media Player, has exited subscriber-only status, and is now free for Mac users.
Apple is cutting down on iPhone 7 orders from suppliers as the initial wave of consumer demand subsides, a report claimed on Thursday.
Adding to a day of expansion, HSBC has announced that cardholders in Singapore can begin using the Apple Pay mobile payment service effective Thursday.
One of the most frequent complaints about the new MacBook Pro is the relatively weak GPU as compared to some found on the Windows side. Some progress has been made very recently by independent developers, allowing the adventurous who aren't afraid to spend a few dollars to build and connect an external GPU to a Thunderbolt 3 Mac.
Apple is preparing to use drones, indoor mapping, and better car navigation to improve its Maps apps for iOS and macOS, a report said on Thursday.
Wednesday saw the launch of AT&T's DirecTV Now internet TV service, but the first day of operation was allegedly anything but smooth.
Apple published a patent application on Thursday covering an embedded environmental sensor capable of sampling both gas and liquids, a component that could one day inform iPhone and Apple Watch owners of potential unseen dangers in their surrounding environment.
As rumored, Apple on Thursday debuted Apple Pay in Spain with support for Mastercard and American Express credit cards issued through Santander bank, Carrefour Pass and Ticket Restaurant.
A pair of Apple patent filings published Thursday reveal ongoing research into circular displays suitable for wearable devices, suggesting the company was at least mulling the creation of a round-faced Apple Watch.
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Wearable fitness device giant Fitbit is reportedly on the verge of buying out, and subsequently shutting down, smartwatch upstart Pebble for what sources describe as a "small amount."
A new strain of Android malware dubbed "Gooligan," thought to be "the largest Google account breach to date," is already in active circulation and three-fourths of the Android installed base is vulnerable. Once infected, devices give hackers access to the users' Gmail, Google Photos, Docs, Drive and other Google services accounts.
Apple on Wednesday released a statement regarding a recent spate of spam iCloud Calendar invitations, saying it is working to address the issue by identifying and blocking suspicious invite senders.
Previously available for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, Readdle's hit email client Spark launched on macOS on Wednesday, and is now available as a free download from the Mac App Store.
Responding to a customer's email, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that the long-awaited AirPods are "finalizing" and expected to ship in the "next few weeks," in time for the holiday season.
Apple on Wednesday supplied developers with a fourth pre-release beta of tvOS 10.1, a forthcoming update that will bring a new universal "TV" app, as well as single sign-on support for TV providers, to the company's streaming set-top box.
In an interview published on Wednesday, Apple CEO Tim Cook touted the company's World AIDS Day charity initiatives, while insisting that he and the company are acting beyond selfish interests.
Apple has issued an update to Boot Camp drivers within Windows, preventing the random, loud pops from over-ranging and damaging the new MacBook Pro's speakers. However, the driver doesn't fix speakers already damaged by the problem.
A recent customer satisfaction survey of home router technologies places Apple comfortably on top of the heap, despite recent reports of the division closing down, and engineers re-assigned to other projects.
Making good on an earlier promise, Apple will finally launch Apple Pay in Spain this Thursday, Dec. 1, a new report reveals.
Netflix has deployed the ability to download select TV shows and movies from its catalog, with most of the initial offerings coming from the company's unique programming.
Apple on Wednesday announced a host of (RED) charity efforts to mark World AIDS Day — Dec. 1 — with varying proceeds going to the Global Fund, which as part of its anti-AIDS efforts funds initiatives like testing, prevention, and medication.
According to reports out of the Chinese supply chain, Intel is gearing up to announce and release the H-series Kaby Lake processor, suitable for use in laptops like the MacBook Pro.
Bozoma Saint John, global marketing executive for Apple Music and iTunes, took part in a brief interview as part of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Next Gen conference on Tuesday, offering those in attendance a lesson in self-confidence she learned as a teenager.
Debuted clandestinely on the iOS App Store earlier this year under another name, Yahoo Answers this week launched as a standalone app providing users native access to the popular, if not entirely accurate, Q&A site.
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Apple on Tuesday expanded Apple Music student membership eligibility to include more than 30 markets, with the latest round of additions extending the subscription tier to countries like Canada, China, India and more.
A British Conservative Party politician is calling on educators to prohibit the use of, and if necessary confiscate, iPads during daily lessons in a bid to keep students focused on academic pursuits.
Apple on Tuesday pushed out a minor update for its premiere video editing tool Final Cut Pro X, addressing library and Paste Attributes issues, among other feature fixes.
Philips on Tuesday pushed out an update for its Hue connected lightbulb and accessories controller app, adding iPad support and new home screen widgets for iPhone users running iOS 10.
Apple is adding a new member to its design team, as Billy Sorrentino, Wired magazine's Head of Creative, on Tuesday announced he will depart the publication to take on an undisclosed role at the Cupertino tech giant.
- Facebook launches Instant Games on Messenger for iOS, Android & Web
- Apple to refund iMac hinge repairs as Belgium & Norway get carrier billing for iTunes
- Supply chain data suggests Apple slightly cutting iPhone 7 orders, endangering growth forecasts
- Jumpstart your automated home with these discounted Apple HomeKit and Nest products
- Apple announces winter iTunes Connect downtime slated for Dec. 23-27
- Kwikset debuts Kevo Convert smartlock, Canary brings security cam footage to iPad & Apple TV
- Amazon working on touchscreen Echo speaker with higher-quality audio - report
- Second Samsung appeal bid on $119.6 million iPhone slide-to-unlock patent verdict denied
- As Apple shows interest in AR/VR, PlayStation VR's strong start suggests price beats performance
- Recent Apple emails with FDA reveal interest with cardiac monitoring hardware, Parkinson's support
- Israel's Cellcom brings internet TV service to Apple TV
- All-new OLED 'iPhone 8,' glass-backed 4.7" model expected to drive Apple sales to 'unprecedented' highs
- ACCC draft determination denies Australian banks' bid to bargain or boycott Apple Pay
- AT&T launches DirecTV Now streaming service with free Apple TV offer
- LG UltraFine 5K Display now for sale through Apple, first orders ship in January [u]
- Apple to add some 2009 & 2011 Macs to vintage and obsolete list on Dec. 31
- Apple killing it in India: grabs first place with 66% of premium phone sales
- Amazon plans major crackdown on counterfeit sellers for 2017
- First wave of Apple holiday email advertising hits, featuring musicians and music lovers
- Apple issues fourth developer betas of iOS 10.2, macOS Sierra 10.12.2, watchOS 3.1.1
- Sling TV to start beta-testing cloud DVR functions in December
- 3-Hour Deal: Apple's 9.7-inch iPad Pro (128GB, Wi-Fi + 4G LTE, Rose Gold) for $629 ($200 off) with no tax outside NY
- Latest Apple headquarters drone video depicts carbon fiber auditorium roof, solar installations
- Workflow 1.6 for iOS adds features and redesign to win over casual users
- Apple Cyber Monday Roundup: Find the best deals & lowest prices on iPhone, MacBook, iPad, iMac and Apple Watch
- CNN buys Casey Neistat's Beme video-sharing app, plans major new business
- New bezel-less 10.9-inch iPad said to be same thickness as iPad Air, iPad Pro to grow 0.3mm
- Apple asks OLED suppliers to increase output in anticipation of curved 'iPhone 8' in 2017
- Indonesian minister details potential Jakarta Apple research and development center
- Flash Deals: Apple's 12.9" iPad Pro 256GB Wi-Fi for $650 ($349 off); 13" MacBook Air for $787 ($212 off); 27-inch iMac 5K for $1,499 ($300 off)
- How to reopen tabs in Safari for iOS 10 and macOS Sierra
- In Stock: Save $50 on Apple's 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar plus no tax in 49 states
- Review: Master & Dynamic MW60 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
- Review: Apple's 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
Monday, November 28, 2016
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Saturday, November 26, 2016