In an ongoing effort to inform consumers about Apple Pay services, Apple on Friday released a video detailing step-by-step how-to guide for iPhone 6 and 6s process and touting the protocol's security, ease of use and features.
Friday, November 20, 2015
Apple came out unscathed from a legal battle involving digital rights management IP owned by ContentGuard, a subsidiary of non-practicing entity Pendrell Corp. that sued the iPhone maker for infringing on five patents.
Apple on Friday reminded developers that the annual iTunes Connect winter downtime is fast approaching, with this year's shutdown scheduled for Dec. 22 through Dec. 29.
The Apple Pencil for iPad Pro launched at electronics retailer Best Buy on Friday, with some stores showing inventory in stock, despite the fact that Apple's own retail locations continue to face constraints.
Apple is working on an iOS app intended to funnel people through the support process faster, as well as address a lot of questions without phone calls or looking it up on the company's website, it was revealed on Friday.
LG Display is planning to spend up to $4.2 billion on a new factory in Paju, South Korea in order to meet demand for OLED screens — some of which could potentially make their way into future Apple products.
The Apple Pencil is more than just a drawing utensil — it can work as a full-fledged, system-wide stylus with the iPad Pro. But there are also certain tasks that just aren't possible with Apple's new accessory. Here's a breakdown of what it can and cannot do.
Apple on Friday brought Personal Pickup to shoppers in the United Kingdom, allowing them to buy products online but pick them up at their closest Apple Store on the same day.
FeatureAppleInsider podcast goes deep on iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, gaming controllers, 4" iPhones, more
Apple's new iPad Pro and accessories are the focus of this week's AppleInsider podcast, as Neil and Mikey share their thoughts on the giant tablet after a week's worth of testing. Shane drops by to discuss iOS-Mac convergence theories and we break down rumors about a supposed 4-inch iPhone set to debut next year.
Speaking at Samsung Electronics' 2015 Investors Forum, a series of company executives spent hours saying very little, while talking about "innovations" such as phase detection Focus Pixels and camera sensor Deep Trench Isolation that iPhones already have.
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Still a rare find, with asking prices on eBay double — or more — its $99 suggested price, the Apple Pencil is slowly finding its way into the hands of consumers who are early adopters of the jumbo-sized iPad Pro. AppleInsider had the chance to spend an extended period of time with the new stylus, and we offer our initial first look.
Apple Music exec Jimmy Iovine is getting flak for supposedly sexist comments made during a interview on Thursday, where he said a recent ad series was made because finding music is difficult for "some women."
According to research by Consumer Intelligence Research Partners, the installed base of iPhones in the United States has now reached 101 million. Somewhat incredibly, the majority of these phones now in use are iPhone 6 (or newer) models with support for Apple Pay via Touch ID.
Apple on Thursday posted a new support document on its website, responding to complaints about iPad Pros suddenly going black and refusing to accept touch or button input.
Singer Adele's new album, 25, reportedly won't be made available on streaming services like Apple Music or Spotify when it launches on Friday.
B&H slashes 2015 MacBook Pros by $200-$350 , iMac 4Ks and 5Ks by $150-$200, 13" MacBook Airs by $100-$450, iPad Air 2 by $30-$70, iPad mini 4 by $30
Delivering the lowest prices ever on numerous models, B&H's holiday sale knocks $300 off 15" MacBook Pros (2015), $200-$300 off 13" MacBook Pros (2015), $170-$200 off 12" MacBooks, $100-$170 off 11" & 13" MacBook Airs (2015), up to $30 off iPad mini 4 and up to $70 off iPad Air 2.
Thursday, November 19, 2015
California's SunPower is planning to build three new Chinese solar farms for Apple with a peak capacity of 170 megawatts, the company said in a newly-submitted regulatory filing.
Swiss watchmakers woke up to news of another steep decline Thursday, as October shipments of mechanical watches declined 12 percent to $2 billion, the largest decline in six years.
Apple is looking to pick up a second manufacturer for the next-generation Apple Watch apart from Quanta Computer, a Chinese report said on Thursday.
Deals: $100-$200 off Mac minis, $300-$400 off iMac 5Ks, $200-$300 off MacBook Pros, $400-$900 off Mac Pros, $10-$30 off iPad mini 4
Upgraded Mac minis finally see deep discounts this week at B&H. Plus $300-$400 off Mid-2015 iMac 5Ks, $200-$300 off 2015 MacBook Pros, $400 to $900 off Mac Pros, and up to $30 off iPad mini 4s.
Battery maker Mophie's latest portable charging accessories are compact, convenient and durable, making them an easy recommendation for anyone looking to keep their iPhone juiced on the go.
Apple achieved its first $1 billion in Indian sales in an annual period ending last March, according to newly-published data from India's Registrar of Companies.
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have discovered that half of the communications connections established by the top free Android apps are hidden to the user, and much of the data is being transmitted for unknown purposes.
Apple on Thursday released new faux rose gold versions of its Beats Solo2 Wireless on-ear headphones, as well as its urBeats in-ear headphones.
The new Apple Pencil for iPad Pro packs a great deal of advanced technology into a tiny package, including a logic board that's actually folded in half to fit inside the writing tool.
As a result of continued research into device protection technologies, Apple has developed an automated bumper system that doubles as a floatation device, protecting iPhones from drops and large bodies of water.
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Microsoft at its Connect (); conference on Wednesday flipped the switch on Microsoft Graph, née Office 365 Unified API, a set of APIs that let developers integrate, manage and tap into vast expanses of data stored in the Office 365 cloud.
After years of crippling drought, California is now entering a powerfully wet El Niño weather pattern that is predicted to bring record precipitation. Flooding in coastal areas along San Francisco Bay poses risks of devastating economic impacts for the region, although Apple's principal offices centered in Cupertino should help it avoid much of the impact.
Adding to a series of Apple TV ads released earlier this week, Apple on Wednesday posted a new commercial featuring ABC's app, with a little help from the Muppets.
There's lots of gift options for aspiring filmmakers and photographers on your holiday list. Here's a selection of imaging accessories for Phone users.
On Thursday local time Apple launched Apple Pay in Australia, relying on the same American Express partnership it used to introduce the platform to Canada earlier in the week.
Sprint on Wednesday activated a new, faster 4G network under the "LTE Plus" moniker, in some cases doubling peak connection speeds to 100 megabits per second or faster.
Developers testing software on the new fourth-generation Apple TV were given access to a new tvOS 9.1 beta on Wednesday, the third pre-release build issued thus far.
Microsoft on Wednesday released a redesigned Bing iPhone app, with things like a streamlined homepage, app hooks, and even limited offline support.
The fourth beta of iOS 9.2 was released on Wednesday to both registered developers and public beta testers, supporting third-party action extensions within Safari, as well as AT&T's new NumberSync feature.
Apple's share of the global smartphone market rose 0.6 points year-over-year to 13.1 percent in the September quarter, although Google's Android cemented its lead as the world's dominant mobile platform, Gartner said in research data released on Wednesday.
While supplies last, grab a 13" MacBook Air with 256GB of storage for $880, a fully-loaded 11" MacBook Air for $999, $220 to $649 off all other 2014 MacBook Airs and $55 to $200 off 2015 MacBook Airs. Plus free shipping and no sales tax in 48 hours.
Apple on Wednesday released a Space Black version of its Link Bracelet Kit for the Apple Watch, allowing buyers to fit larger wrists or replace any missing links.
IBM on Wednesday launched a new app and service called Watson Trend, which forecasts what consumer products will be popular this holiday season based on online chatter. Currently dominating the list: the Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock now on sale at Apple Stores for $79 [u]
- Goldman Sachs sees Apple's transition into services company driving stock to $163
- Apple's online store services, Maps suffer widespread outage
- New Chicago Apple Store to be a riverside glass 'temple,' report says
- Personal Pickup now available at Apple Stores in Canada and Australia
- Apple's iPad Pro to sell 2.6M units in Q4 despite significant display, Apple Pencil production issues
- Apple apologizes to developers for Mac App Store certificate flap, explains fix
- Apple removes HomeKit-incompatible devices from online store
- Apple Pay coming to Domino's by year's end, Cinnabon in 2016
- Jony Ive: Apple Pencil is made for marking, not a 'stylus' finger replacement
- Apple markets iPad in arts & science education with new profiles
- Apple Store brings same-day Postmates deliveries to Manhattan
- The pen is mightier: Samsung modifies Galaxy Note 5 packaging to warn about stuck stylus
- Five new Apple TV ads highlight games and content from tvOS App Store
- Pryme Vessyl, an iOS-compatible hydration tracking smart cup, launches in Apple stores
- Apple's annual iPhone release cycle supercharges switchers' leaps from Android, Windows Phone
- Apple issues fourth beta of OS X 10.11.2 to developers for testing
- Apple at work on first-party Apple Watch dock with Nightstand support [u]
- MetroPCS unveils Music Unlimited, lifts data caps on streaming services including Apple Music
- US Apple Pay gains support for 95 new issuers, including H&R Block
- Apple's iPad Pro boasts 'top tier display,' but falls behind iPad mini 4 & Microsoft Surface Pro 4
- Hedge fund manager David Einhorn ups stake in Apple stock to 11.7M shares
- Apple Pay goes live in Canada, adds two UK banks, coming to Australia on Thursday
- Rumor: Apple's upgraded 4-inch iPhone will be powered by A8 CPU, not A9
- Apple invention lets users control time-sensitive notifications with their eyes
- Paris attack stokes the flames in fight over US data encryption
- Apple SIM gains Japanese network support through KDDI's 'au' brand
- Apple nixes iOS version of popular brightness management tool f.lux
- Pandora snaps up Rdio technology and employees for $75M
- Apple now inhaling 94 percent of global smartphone profits, selling just 14.5 percent of total volumes
- Waze, WhatsApp & Fantastical 2 join iPhone apps updated with 3D Touch
- B&H & Best Buy offering first discounts ($25-$50) on all Apple Watch, Apple Watch Sport models
- UBS sees Apple selling 78.4M iPhones this holiday, growing sales 4% in fiscal 2016
- Foursquare joins growing ranks of Apple Maps data suppliers
- iPhone 6s owners report losing messages, recent calls when restoring from iCloud
- Apple predicted to launch A9-powered 4-inch iPhone in mid-2016
- Deals: all iPad Pros in stock, free Magic Mouse 2 & AppleCare with 15" MacBook Pros; $50 off Apple Watches, $200 off 1.3GHz 12" MacBooks
- German government probes Apple's audiobook deal with Amazon
- Foxconn profits rise 11% following Apple's record setting iPhone 6s launch
- Canadian Apple Pay launch set for Nov. 17, credit card representatives say
- Apple will not 'converge' iPad and MacBook lines, says Tim Cook
- Apple forges deal to run all Singapore operations on solar power, confirms first local Apple Store
- Review: SteelSeries Nimbus is the best gaming controller for Apple TV and iPad
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Monday, November 16, 2015
Sunday, November 15, 2015