Popular photo sharing app Instagram is developing an app update specifically designed to take advantage of Apple's upcoming iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the latter of which boasts two cameras for wide angle and telephoto photography.
Thursday, September 08, 2016
Wednesday, September 07, 2016
Although iPhone 7 hogged the spotlight at Apple's Sept. 7 special event, the company also announced a hotly anticipated update to its wearables lineup in Apple Watch Series 2. The second-generation device ships next week with GPS capabilities, faster processor, swim-proof housing, a new ceramic edition and more.
As expected, Apple did not include a 3.5mm headphone jack in its upcoming iPhone 7 and 7 Plus handsets, but company executives say the legacy port's demise has been a long time coming.
FeatureEverything you need to know before preordering Apple's iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus on Friday, Sept. 9
In just a few short days, the new iPhone 7 will be available for preorder ahead of its Sept. 16 launch. AppleInsider is here to guide you through your choices to help you decide which model is right for you.
Following Apple's iPhone event on Wednesday, the company released a handful of videos showcasing the keynote and upcoming products, including iPhone 7, Apple Watch and AirPods, as well as five shorts promoting healthy life choices.
In tandem with announcing the iPhone 7 on Wednesday, Apple also revised its AppleCare+ plans for iPhones, instituting a $29 screen replacement option but forcing all customers to pay $99 for any other form of accident repair.
People considering the jet black versions of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus should be careful, as those options are more prone to scuffing and scratching, Apple notes on its website.
Apple's "See You on Sept. 7" event on Wednesday brought the expected iPhone 7 family refresh, with features aimed at extending battery live and improving user photography, as well as a new Apple Watch with GPS technology. AppleInsider was on the scene, and spent some time with each new piece of gear.
In announcing the Apple Watch Series 2 on Wednesday, Apple also silently did away with its real-gold Edition line, replacing the material with tougher ceramic.
While not announced onstage during Wednesday's iPhone event, Apple has quietly updated its iPad lineup specifications with storage buffs for iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4, and price drops for the top-of-the-line 9.7- and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models.
Following Wednesday's iPhone event, Apple issued golden master versions of iOS 10, macOS 10.12 Sierra, watchOS 3, tvOS 10 and Xcode 8 to developers ahead of public releases this fall.
As rumored, Apple at its special event on Wednesday introduced a wireless headphones called AirPods, which come packed with advanced technology like a custom wireless chip, beam-forming microphones, accelerometers, infrared sensors and more.
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will ship not only with a pair of Lightning-connected EarPods, but also a legacy headphone adapter in the box, Apple announced on Wednesday.
BreakingApple announces water resistant iPhone 7: pressure sensing home button, dual cameras, jet black finish
This year's iPhone 7 series features a number of upgrades throughout, including a new jet black glossy finish option, a click-free pressure sensitive home button, and the best mobile cameras Apple has ever offered. Storage has been doubled, and preorders begin this Friday ahead of a Sept. 16 launch.
In introducing Apple Watch Series 2 at Wednesday's special event, Apple expectedly dropped the price of its original Apple Watch to $269, keeping the "Series 1" device in the lineup as an entry-level offering.
Deals: Grab the lowest prices on iMacs and MacBooks with AppleCare (up to $430 off) with exclusive coupons
AI readers can use exclusive coupons this week to score the lowest prices anywhere on 27-inch iMac 5Ks, 15-inch MacBook Pros and remaining 2015 12-inch MacBooks bundled with AppleCare. Save up to $430 instantly with free shipping and no tax in most states.
Wednesday, September 07, 2016
Breaking$369 Apple Watch Series 2 with GPS is swim-proof with 2x brighter display, white ceramic case
Apple on Wednesday revealed the second-generation Apple Watch, dubbed the Series 2, with built-in GPS, a new waterproof design, and what Apple claims is the brightest display ever shipped in one of its products. It will be priced starting at $369 in a standard edition coming Sept. 16, with a Nike+ running version arriving in October.
The popular Pokemon Go gaming craze will come to the wearable Apple Watch, it was announced at Apple's iPhone 7 and Apple Watch 2 event on Wednesday.
Apple on Wednesday announced a new iWork feature that allows both Mac and iOS users to collaborate on a variety of Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents in real time.
Apple's official twitter account introduced and exposed some details about the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus before deleting the tweets.
The biggest franchise in gaming history will make its mobile debut first on Apple's iOS platform with "Super Mario Run," a new title coming to the iPhone App Store.
This year's iPhone upgrade, plus a new Apple Watch, is set to be unveiled in San Francisco, and AppleInsider is there live with exclusive news, analysis and photos. Here is the place to view all of our live coverage!
Today Apple will hold its now-annual September event where it is expected to unveil new products, most notably its next iPhone. Here everything insiders need to know about the highly anticipated announcements.
The $99, 12-month Apple Music gift cards recently launched by Apple appear to auto-renew subscriptions for the same length of time, effectively creating a new subscription plan.
Five new trademarks associated with Apple have been culled from the Brunei registration system, and include "A10 Fusion," "iSight Duo," "Depth," "Scribble," and "Whiteboard" marketing terms.
A new series of photos claim to offer what may be the most detailed preview yet of Apple's anticipated "iPhone 7," including what could turn out to be the previously rumored "piano black" color.
With 371,000 units of the "iPhone 7" family said to be inbound to retail establishments, Apple appears to have a good start on channel inventory for late September availability.
The "iPhone 7" is not only shipping out to various countries in preparation for launch, but should go on sale Sept. 16, a report said on Wednesday morning, just hours ahead of Apple's official announcement.
Time is running out to lock in a price for your used iPhone with an extended grace period ahead of Apple's anticipated iPhone 7. Now through Sept. 7, sell your iPhone to Gazelle for up to $306 and hold on to the device until Oct. 14.
According to the latest estimates from research firm IDC, Apple Watch shipments are plummeting as sales of "basic" smart wearables that do little more than track fitness metrics continue to grow.
Tuesday, September 06, 2016
As it did last year, Apple this past weekend installed banners, flags and other brand paraphernalia at San Francisco's Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in preparation of Wednesday's special media event.
As Apple looks to break into India's burgeoning smartphone market, a report on Tuesday claims the company is in talks with Foxconn to potentially manufacture iPhone in the region.
Continuing a rapid buildout of Apple Pay services, Apple this week announced a new batch of 27 U.S. banks and credit unions as participating card issuers.
A report out of the Far East on Tuesday claims Apple recently requested a batch of wireless charging chip samples from Taiwanese semiconductor company MediaTek, suggesting the iPhone maker is forging ahead with development of a bespoke wireless charging solution.
A report on Tuesday elaborates on rumors regarding Apple's supposed plan to integrate Japan's FeliCa tap-to-pay standard into an upcoming iPhone model, saying integration of the contactless payments technology will help introduce Apple Pay to the East Asian market.
Despite much handwringing about a supposed lack of interest in Apple's latest iPhone in comparison to the mega-cycle upgrade stoked by iPhone 6 at its launch in 2014, data from Strategy Analytics shows that iPhone 6s became "the world's most popular smartphone" in the June quarter.
Judging by social media conversations, Chinese interest in Apple's "iPhone 7" appears to be subdued, a report indicated on Tuesday.
Apple has moved some of its support pages specifically detailing the redesigned 2013 Mac Pro to the archives, and will no longer be updating them, signaling a possible refresh or retirement of the computer.
A UK-based repair shop has taken extreme measures to disassemble the alleged "Apple Watch 2" parts that they obtained, and have revealed differences between the original Apple Watch and the potential refresh.
- Casemaker posts high-res potential look at Apple's new darker shade of 'iPhone 7'
- Alleged Apple trademark filings reveal 'Iris Engine,' 'AirPod Case,' 'Home Hub,' 'Control Strip,' 'Smart Button'
- Apple 'AirPods' to target high end of headphone market with custom 'Bluetooth-like' low-power tech
- Deals: Up to $435 off 12" MacBooks; $50-$120 off 12.9" iPad Pros; $200 off 15" MacBook Pro
- Rediscovered Tim Cook interview may hint at Apple Pencil support in 'iPhone 7'
- Apple TV 'Events' channel returns for Sept. 7 'iPhone 7' event
- Questionable Vietnamese leak claims 'iPhone 7' will ditch Space Gray color, record 60fps 4K video
- New 'iPhone 7' box photos appear, inconsistent with previous leaks
- Measurements of alleged 'Apple Watch 2' components show thinner display, thicker battery
- Bragi intros cheaper wireless Headphone earbuds days before 'iPhone 7' launch
- Genius Bar doesn't hire retired Apple engineer, fires up age discrimination debate
- Snapchat joins Apple on Bluetooth consortium, plots wearable augmented reality hardware
- Apple offers discounted annual Apple Music subscription through $99 gift card
- Elgato soon to expand its HomeKit Eve peripheral line with motion sensor
- Apple reportedly boosts 'iPhone 7' parts orders ahead of launch
- Intel Kaby Lake CPUs suitable for MacBook Pro refresh said to be in manufacturers' hands
- Last call: Get 10% more cash when you sell your old iPhones before the iPhone 7 debuts
- Samsung urged to officially recall Galaxy Note 7 to prevent resale of a dangerous product
- 'Piano black' and dark black Apple 'iPhone 7' test unit stickers spotted
- Inside the 2016 MacBook Pro — CPU choices
- Apple's 'iPhone 7' to boast True Tone display, upgraded camera flash, capacities of 32-256GB
- This week on AI: 'See you on Sept. 7,' Apple's $14.5B bill, detonating Note 7 & more
- Apple Music's curated music discovery feature goes live for iOS 10 beta users
- Apple, others offer support in Microsoft fight to air government data requests
- Deals: Up to $150 off 13" MacBook Pros; 21" iMac 4K for $1,379; $500 off 27" iMac 5K
- Apple posts promoted-only tweet teasing Sept. 7 event
- Sell your iPhone trade-in to BuyBackWorld ahead of Apple's iPhone 7 and grab a 10% cash bonus [u]
- Assortment of Steve Jobs's personal property for sale by celebrity auction house
- More possible 'iPhone 7' packaging leaks emerge, also list bundled Apple 'AirPods'
- Latest Apple Campus 2 construction video highlights glass install, fuel cells
- Apple 'iPhone 7' manufacturing demands causing tight RAM supply, increased pricing
- Irish cabinet votes to appeal EU's $14.5B tax penalty on Apple
- AppleInsider podcast talks 'iPhone 7' rumors, iCloud upgrades, wireless 'AirPods,' taxes
- Samsung issues global recall of Galaxy Note 7, replacement program announced
Monday, September 05, 2016
Sunday, September 04, 2016
Saturday, September 03, 2016
Friday, September 02, 2016