Well-connected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes Apple Watch sales will decline in 2016 despite the launch of a revamped Apple Watch Series 2 and price cuts for the refreshed first-gen model, now called Apple Watch Series 1.
Monday, October 03, 2016
Following a false start in September, Apple on Monday launched an expected "Spoken Editions" section on the iTunes Store, letting people hear audio versions of written content from online publishers.
Apple on Monday moved its earnings call for the fourth quarter of 2016 up two days to Tuesday, Oct. 25, citing an unannounced scheduling conflict.
While Google would have likely preferred the details remain secret until Tuesday's announcement, assorted retailers have leaked specifics about Google's new phone line — the "Google Pixel."
Microsoft has pulled its Band fitness trackers from its online store, and confirmed that it won't have a new model out in 2016, suggesting that the company is rethinking its approach to a wearables market largely dominated by Fitbit and Apple.
After just a few weeks on the market, Apple's new flagship iPhone 7 series is already more popular than the iPhone SE, and is on the cusp of overtaking the iPhone 4 and 4s lineup, new data reveals.
Starting today, Apple will push macOS Sierra to prospective upgraders on older versions of OS X, as well as downloads for point updates for users already on Sierra — but won't install anything without explicit permission from the user.
Joining in on recent trends, Mophie on Monday announced its Hold Force modular case for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, allowing buyers to swap between backs depending on what they need to accomplish.
Apple's investment in a Denmark-based data center and related biogas research will nearly hit $1 billion, and make it the largest foreign capital expenditure in the country.
Apple on Monday provided developers with a third pre-release beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.1, right on schedule with an earlier rumor suggesting new MacBook Pros will ship with the update later this month.
Users can now send photos iPhone in low quality mode, conserving data and battery usage via a new feature found in Apple's Messages app in iOS 10. Here's how to use it.
Having been under renovations for over a year, Apple's flagship U.K. store in London will finally reopen on Oct. 15 at 10 a.m., the company has announced.
Continued stock level monitoring by analysts show that stock levels of the iPhone 7 family are improving even under heavy demand — which could be a good sign for Apple's financial results.
Facebook on Monday began rolling out a new feature in its iOS and Android apps called the Marketplace, where users can buy and sell items locally in a manner similar to Craigslist.
Apple is now offering iOS and macOS Maps users the ability to navigate via Amtrak's full American rail system, plus limited stops in Canada.
Deals: Grab the lowest prices on iMacs and MacBooks with AppleCare (up to $430 off) with exclusive coupons
AI readers can use exclusive coupons this week to score the lowest prices anywhere on 27-inch iMac 5Ks, 15-inch MacBook Pros and remaining 2015 12-inch MacBooks bundled with AppleCare. Save up to $430 instantly with free shipping and no tax in most states.
Monday, October 03, 2016
The rumor mills are starting to churn in advance of a future iPad refresh, with the latest pointing to an iPad mini expanding into the "Pro" lineup, the mid-size iPad Pro growing a bit, True Tone on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, and microphone advances across the entire line.
At Sen. Orrin Hatch's Utah Tech Tour on Friday, Apple CEO Tim Cook hit the usual talking points recited at other recent interviews, reaffirming Apple's commitment to encryption, augmented reality and making the best products possible.
Sunday, October 02, 2016
An aberration has appeared on the BestBuy website, showing a possible 27-inch 5K iMac with a seventh generation Kaby Lake Intel Core processor — but some discrepancies cast some doubt on the listing.
After laying the groundwork with widgets in Notification Center with iOS 8, Apple's iOS 10 update makes widgets more accessible and useful by making them available not only on a a device's lock screen, but also on the home screen's Siri search.
Saturday, October 01, 2016
The group responsible for the Ethernet specifications have unveiled a new pair of standards, bringing faster speeds to existing Cat-5e and Cat-6 cable runs, eliminating networking bottlenecks, and potentially saving organizations with large deployments a great deal of money.
For a rare moment, the Mac actually grabbed some the spotlight this week — though it had to share the stage with yet more rumors about 2017 iPhones, and an assortment of minor Apple announcements.
A federal jury on Friday found Apple's FaceTime product in infringement of patents owned by non-practicing entity VirnetX, a decision that will cost Apple more than $302 million in damages.
Friday, September 30, 2016
Apple on Friday issued an ultimatum to Adam Howell, developer of sticker pack "Phoneys," saying he must fundamentally change the content of his top-selling iMessage App Store title or face removal.
Adoption of iOS 10 has surpassed the halfway mark in just two weeks of availability, as research shows more than 55 percent of compatible devices are running Apple's latest mobile operating system.
Slide to unlock is gone in iOS 10, and isn't coming back. In its place is "press home to unlock" which works well for the iPhone 6s and newer, but isn't so smooth for older phones, requiring two button presses to open a phone. Here's how to only have to hit the home button once to unlock your older phone with Touch ID.
Califonia Governor Jerry Brown on Thursday signed a bill allowing self-driving vehicles to be tested in the state without manual controls or human backup drivers, in a move that could aid Apple's own efforts in the field.
After an Oct. 7 debut in India, the next major wave of international iPhone 7 launches will hit Oct. 14, according to a number of regional Apple websites.
Squarely targeting the money-is-no-object market, iPhone modifier Gresso has debuted the iPhone 7 Black Diamond collection, boasting multiple 18 karat gold embellishments and 104 karats of black diamonds encrusted on the collection's back panel — with matching AirPods to boot.
The latest drone footage of Apple's new headquarters under construction shows the site more put together than in previous videos, with the entire site appearing to taking shape as a unified whole rather than disparate construction projects for the first time.
End of the month deals abound with discounts of up to $150 off on 27" iMac 5Ks and up to $120 off iPad Pros. Shoppers can also snap up a 15" MacBook Pro for $1,799, while a lifetime iOS and Xcode developer subscription is $79.
Apple chip foundry TSMC has given hints for its future road map, and claims that it will start mass producing 10nm chips before the end of 2016, nearly a year ahead of Intel.
Apple Pay's entry into the Russian market is imminent, according to one report, while two others suggested the platform could soon arrive in Taiwan and Kenya.
A disgruntled customer, upset at perceived slights by Apple support, has used a steel ball to smash assorted products inside the Dijon, France Apple retail store.
On the heels of news that Sharp plans to invest more than a half-billion dollars in OLED technology, a new report reveals the company is in talks with Apple to supply OLED displays for a future iPhone, suggesting the two items are strongly correlated.
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Neil Hughes tells Victor Marks about the latest iOS tips, Dan's iPhone 7 review, Apple Watch Series 2, DJI's new foldable Mavic Pro drone, and more.
Apple display supplier Sharp on Thursday announced plans to invest 57.4 billion yen (about $568 million) in its OLED business as soon as the second quarter of 2018.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Zerodium, a well-known "bug broker," on Thursday announced a new $1.5 million top end limit for zero-day exploits targeting iPhones and iPads running Apple's latest version of iOS 10.
Adding to an already successful mobile app offering, television network The CW updated both its iOS and tvOS apps on Thursday with new features like AirPlay support and the ability to stream shows without a cable login.
- Adobe Lightroom for iOS now supports RAW shooting on iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- Inside iOS 10: With Game Center app gone, invites are managed by Messages
- iPhone 7 owners complain about issues with BMW Bluetooth support, Verizon LTE connections
- FCC votes to upgrade emergency alerts on phones with links & more information
- Investor survey suggests massive demand for AirPods, growth potential for Apple Watch
- Apple's latest iPhone 7 ad brings iOS 10 'happy birthday' balloons in Messages to life
- Inside iOS 10: Apple doubles down on security with cutting edge differential privacy
- Apple-exclusive enhanced 'Game of Thrones' ebook arrives on iBooks store
- Apple acknowledges tracking iMessage metadata and sharing it with law enforcement
- AI initiative counts Google, Microsoft, IBM among its ranks, Apple declines invite
- Apple brings Maps traffic data to four smaller European countries
- Trade-in Deal: $10 cash bonus when you sell your old iPhone or Apple Watch to BuyBackWorld
- All 2017 iPhones likely to have glass casing, stainless steel edges may be limited to high-end models
- Eddy Cue talks music with Bruce Springsteen at Apple's SoHo store
- Deals: $150 off 256GB 13" MacBook Pro; up to $220 off first-gen Apple Watches; 1TB storage for life now $39
- Chinese media, government confirms Apple research center in Beijing tech corridor
- Apple Watch invention enables True Tone display tech by measuring ambient light through a user's skin
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to headline Sen. Orrin Hatch's Utah Tech Tour on Friday
- NYC restauranteur Danny Meyer looks to upend hospitality industry with Apple Watch
- Skype for iOS gets Siri and CallKit support in latest update
- Spotify reportedly engaging SoundCloud in advanced buyout negotiations
- Apple activates Search Ads ahead of Oct. 5 launch, gives developers $100 credit for first campaign
- Government agency issues warning over 'exploding' Samsung washing machines
- iOS 10 tips: How to turn on/off individual read receipts in Apple's Messages app
- Apple planning to launch new MacBook Pro with OLED touch bar in late October - report
- Apple partners with leading business service provider Deloitte for enterprise IT
- Inside iOS 10: Split-screen view in Safari for iPad boosts productivity
- Apple Music tops customer satisfaction in new JD Power study
- Beats Solo3 test finds Apple W1 audio chip boosts battery life & simplifies pairing
- Apple summons security experts for bug bounty program brief - report
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- BlackBerry to exit hardware business, stop making smartphones, as financial skid continues
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021
- Sao Paulo joins list of cities with Apple Maps transit directions
- Supply chain report again notes dramatic increase in Apple iPhone 7 orders
- Apple's iPhone 7 camera tops competition despite smaller sensor in DxOMark review
- Occipital brings room-scale VR to iPhone with $500 dev kit headset
Wednesday, September 28, 2016