After unveiling its upcoming NuBryte cloud-connected smart home console last year, Lucis Technologies brought a working model to the showroom floor at CES, demoing the console's automated lighting and security features.
Friday, January 09, 2015
Thursday, January 08, 2015
At its CES booth this year, Philips showed off its Fidelio M2L headphones, which hold the title as the world's first the world's first Lightning-connected headphones.
A California judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit claiming Apple sold MacBooks to customers knowing the laptops contained defective logic boards and would fail within two years.
Earlier this week, Elgato announced a new smart home product ecosystem called Eve. The company brought a few Eve modules, as well as other devices, set for imminent release to CES, offering AppleInsider a first-hand look.
Accessory maker parrot expanded its lineup of iOS-connected products at CES with the award-winning RNB6 CarPlay-enabled head unit and H2O standalone plant sensor/automated watering device.
Following a horrific attack on satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo that left 12 dead, Apple on Thursday added to its official regional website a full-width black banner reading "Je suis Charlie."
After being pushed downward across the first week of 2015, Apple's stock surged $4.14 today to close at $111.89, adding over $24.27 billion to the company's market capitalization.
Apple is pushing harder to sell hardware to enterprise and government markets, and has bolstered those efforts with the hire of a longtime executive at PC maker Hewlett-Packard, it was revealed on Thursday.
Pella Windows and Doors is at CES this week, showing off its new Insynctive family of smart home products, bringing iOS connectivity to sensors for doors, shades, blinds, garages and more.
Six months after Apple first announced a program that would allow headphone manufacturers to connect their cans directly to an iOS device's Lightning port, the first models to take full advantage of the Lightning port's capabilities are being shown off at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
An image circling the Web on Thursday purports to show a piece of production tooling for Apple's rumored "iPad Pro," though there is scant evidence to back up the assertions. In fact, the part depicted appears more likely to be designed for Apple's Smart Cover than a forthcoming iPad.
Apple on Thursday touted the success of its App Store, revealing that the digital storefront saw billings rise 50 percent last year, generating over $10 billion in revenue for developers.
Following a somewhat rocky, high-profile debut, the makers of Duet Display — an app that allows users to press their iPad into service as a secondary display for their Mac — have rolled out an impressive update that narrows the gap between a Duet-connected iPad and a traditional monitor.
The Consumer Electronics Show is in full swing in Las Vegas, Nev., and AppleInsider offers a roundup of some of the best Apple-compatible devices we've spied at the event, including a unique car heads-up display, reversible USB plug Lightning cables, an iOS-connected asthma monitor, and more.
Eight new financial institutions have officially joined Apple's nascent mobile payments initiative, bringing the total number of participating banks and credit unions to 39 less than three months after the service's debut.
Samsung Electronics has released "preliminary earnings guidance" for the December quarter, calling for revenues of around 52T KRW ($47B) and operating profits of about 5.2T KRW ($4.73B), a profit decline of 37 percent compared to the year-ago quarter — its first such decline for the holiday period since 2011.
Standing apart from a glut of iOS accessory makers at CES this year was Exelium, with its Up-mobile inductive charging system for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and Ultra, a startup that showed off a new iOS-connected UV monitor.
Wednesday, January 07, 2015
Fitbit introduced its latest fitness tracking devices at CES in the Charge, heart rate-sensing Charge HR band and Surge "fitness super watch," the latter of which features standalone GPS tracking capabilities.
Unveiled at CES, SenseHUD is portable device that promises to transform your smartphone into an automotive heads-up display, offering an aftermarket alternative to expensive preinstalled car navigation systems.
The Automated Device for Asthma Management, or ADAM, by Health Care Originals is a unique iOS-connected medical device that aims to provide users with a complete solution for managing their asthma.
In a note sent out to iTunes Connect members on Wednesday, Apple announced an imminent prices increase for Canada, Norway and all countries in the European Union, as well as an undisclosed change in app cost for Russian customers.
FeatureAfter Intel spent billions to subsidize 40M Android Atom tablets, Microsoft releases Office only for ARM
Intel's mobile chip division has lost $7 billion over the last two years while heavily subsidizing the manufacturing costs of Android tablet makers agreeing to use the chipmaker's Atom mobile x86 processors. Microsoft's new Office for Android won't run on any of them.
Apple on Wednesday issued a new beta build of its upcoming OS X 10.10.2 maintenance update, once again asking developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Mail and VoiceOver alongside general system compatibility testing.
According to the latest statistics from Apple, distribution of company's iOS 8 mobile operating continues to plod along and is now installed on 68 percent of iPhones and iPads registered to the iOS App Store.
At CES this week, Griffin Technology took the wraps off a new USB-to-Lightning cable with a twist — the USB Type A plug can be inserted in either orientation, just like Apple's own Lightning connector.
Owners of the Yves Behar-designed August Smart Lock now have the option to control the device from their iPhone even when they're out of the house thanks to the new August Connect accessory announced by the company at this week's Consumer Electronics Show.
At its stand at CES, Apple-centric accessory maker Henge Docks offered AppleInsider an inside look at its upcoming Horizontal MacBook Pro Dock, revealing a motorized interface and circuit boards feeding a plethora of ports.
Mega-carrier AT&T is the latest U.S. wireless provider to turn to mobile data as a market differentiator, introducing a new "Rollover Data" program that allows subscribers to stockpile unused megabytes much like older plans that included rollover calling minutes.
The latest research from UBS has prompted the firm to advise investors that it believes Apple sold a massive 69 million iPhones in the just-concluded December quarter — a sum that would obliterate the company's previous all-time record.
- iOS-connected robotic printers and Thunderbolt storage highlight second day of CES
- Apple unwraps second retail store in China with cylindrical glass entrance
- Roundup: The best Apple-compatible accessories seen at CES day one
- Samsung feeling the squeeze from success of Apple's iPhone 6 & 6 Plus, Kantar says
- ShowStoppers @ CES highlights industry focus on home automation
- Hands-on: IK Multimedia's iRig 2 guitar interface, iRig MIC Field, more
- First look: Next-gen FLIR ONE thermal imaging camera for iPhone
- Narrative's next-gen Clip 2 'life cam' boasts 8MP resolution, better battery life
- Monster sues Apple's Beats, says headphones acquired through 'sham transaction'
- First look: Magellan Echo Fit sports watch boasts 8-month battery life, iOS connectivity
- uNu's iPhone 6 battery cases provide affordable power on the go
- First look: Misfit's solar-powered Swarovski Shine makes fitness tracking fashionable
- Apple rumored to start Apple Watch sales in March, retail training in February
- First look: Misfit Bolt, an iOS-connected smart lightbulb
- Hands on with the updated Basis Peak smartwatch, featuring iOS notification support
- TapSense admits its Apple Watch "ad platform" may not fly at all
- Apple HomeKit accessories and new audio device announcements lead first day of CES
- Pioneer, Kenwood unveil new third-party head units for Apple's CarPlay
- First MFi-licensed iPhone 6 & 6 Plus battery cases announced by Mophie, Otterbox
- Fitness tracker users are older & richer, early smartwatch adopters mostly young men, survey finds
- Universal's Steve Jobs biopic adds Perla Haney-Jardine as Lisa Jobs
- Enterprise tablet adoption slowing, but Apple's iOS still dominates corporate world
- Apple begins selling unlocked, SIM-free iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models
- Apple wins extensive patent for foldable, flexible iPhone with force gesture controls
- Samsung touts open 'Internet of things' push, says all products to be connected in 5 years
- Apple's CarPlay coming to Volkswagen models later this year
- Elgato announces 'Eve' range of HomeKit-enabled smart home sensors
- Apple to announce fiscal Q1 2015 earnings results on Jan. 27
- iDevices shows off 'Switch' connected plug for Apple's HomeKit
- Dish announces 'Sling TV' $20-per-month Internet TV service with ESPN, CNN, more
- Supply chain rumor contradicts claims of new 4-inch iPhone in 2015
- Intel officially unveils full Broadwell-based Intel Core CPU lineup
- Wearables, portable hard drives dominate early announcements from CES
- First Apple Watch advertising platform announced by TapSense [u]
- Apple Watch predicted to account for 36% of company's revenue growth in 2015
- Despite lawsuit, Apple's iOS 8 storage is actually far more efficient than Google's Android, Samsung's Galaxy, Microsoft Windows
- Purported 'iPad Pro' render hints at additional speakers on Apple's rumored 12" tablet
- Bank of America promotes iPhone 6 in new TV ads for Apple Pay
Tuesday, January 06, 2015
Monday, January 05, 2015
Sunday, January 04, 2015
Saturday, January 03, 2015