Apple announces television content on iTunes Canada
As expected, Apple on Wednesday announced that hit television programming from Canadaâs top networks, US broadcasters and the National Hockey League (NHL) is now available for CAN$1.99 per episode from the iTunes Store in Canada.
âWeâre thrilled to bring television programming to the iTunes Store in Canada in time for the holiday season,â said Eddy Cue, Appleâs vice president of iTunes. âWeâre off to a great start with hit shows from CBC, CTV, Comedy Central and MTV Networks, along with the best of classic and current NHL action.â
- CBCâs comedy programs âLittle Mosque on the Prairieâ and âThe Rick Mercer Report,â reality programming âNo Opportunity Wastedâ and âDragonâs Den;â
- CTVâs smash hit comedy âCorner Gas,â dramas âInstant Star,â âDegrassi: The Next Generationâ and âRobson Arms;â
- Comedy Centralâs âDrawn Together,â âThe Sarah Silverman Programâ and Emmy and Peabody Award-winning âSouth Park;â
- MTV Networks programs âAvatar: The Last Airbenderâ and âThe Hills;â and
- NHL Games of the Year, including top NHL games in their entirety for the 2007-2008 season, as well as Stanley Cup Classics, a five-game bundle of great Stanley Cup Final games.
Reports that Apple was ready to launch TV programming on the iTunes Store Canada were first reported late Monday by ArsTechnica.