Final Cut Pro 6.0.5
Among the enhancements delivered as part of Final Cut Pro 6.0.5 are:
- Improved High-Precision Rendering: If you render sequences using the high-precision video processing setting, make sure to update to FinalÂ CutÂ ProÂ 6.0.5 for improved reliability when rendering still images and footage in high-resolution formats.
- Extended Metadata Support for the Panasonic AG-HMC150 Camcorder: FinalÂ CutÂ ProÂ 6.0.5 captures the additional metadata for footage recorded with the PanasonicÂ AG-HMC150 professional AVCHD camcorder.
- Improved Support for the Panasonic HDC-SD9 Camcorder: FinalÂ CutÂ ProÂ 6.0.5 provides enhanced precision and reliability when ingesting files from the PanasonicÂ HDC-SD9 camcorder.
- Improved Support for Metadata Imported from P2 Cards: FinalÂ CutÂ ProÂ 6.0.5 provides support for extended metadata that is captured on P2 cards.
CompressorÂ 3.0.5 and AppleÂ QmasterÂ 3.0.5
CompressorÂ 3.0.5 and AppleÂ QmasterÂ 3.0.5 will see the following fix:
- Using QuickClusters and Back to My Mac on the Same Computer: The QuickCluster feature of the AppleÂ Qmaster distributed processing system is a simple and automated alternative to creating and configuring clusters manually. In previous versions of Compressor, enabling the Back to My Mac feature in MacÂ OSÂ XÂ v10.5 Leopard would remove any existing QuickClusters. This issue has been resolved. For more information about QuickClusters, see the DistributedÂ ProcessingÂ Setup guide.
ColorÂ 1.0.3 requires QuickTimeÂ 7.5.5 and either MacÂ OSÂ XÂ v10.5.5 or MacÂ OSÂ XÂ v10.4.11. The new version offers:
- Improved Format Support: ColorÂ 1.0.3 provides support for XDCAMÂ 422 media and for the RED plug-ins for FinalÂ CutÂ Studio. The RED plug-in and accompanying documentation can be downloaded at http://www.red.com. For workflow suggestions and more information about this format, see HD and Broadcast Formats, available from the FinalÂ CutÂ Pro Help menu.
- Improved Application Reliability: Overall application reliability has been improved, including in the following areas:
- Using trackers in the Geometry room
- Using the Reconform command
- Adjusting the Minimum and Maximum nodes in the ColorÂ FX room
Shake 4.1.1 addresses compatibility issues for QuickTime codecs greater than 8Â bits.
- Installing ShakeÂ 4.1.1: This version of Shake is an update to ShakeÂ 4.1 and must be installed on a computer on which ShakeÂ 4.1 has already been installed.
As of press time, the Pro Applications Update 2008-04 update was only available via Software Update.